Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

And he also wanted to sell it for $10... that's more than it's worth unless it's in MS 63 or better. Sorry. :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Same here... When they get CWRs at my main branch, they usually look through them for silver, split them among themselves, and then re-roll them. Which is probably why I have had much better luck finding silver in MWRs than CWRs locally. My lone teller silver half find was at a small bank that rarely gets halves. They had $21 of unrolled ones, and one was a Philly 64.

4. vintagemintage

vintagemintage Well-Known Member

Seek and ye shall find!

John77 likes this.
  5. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Perseverance! It's like fishin', you can scoot around the lake going to different fishin' holes all day and never find anything and then boom the next week and the very spot there were no fish, you get a 18" large mouth! Looking through Loomis boxes is like drawling, one at a time and eventually you'll find something. I started in 2011, and didn't find my first 90 until about a year later. ( remember not to tell others about your fishin' hole)

mhenryfishing and John77 like this.
  6. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

Polished?

7. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. It might be.

8. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

It was in poor shape. Man was I disappointed .I was so close to getting my first 90%er.

9. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

No I would never do that.

10. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Thank you. I believe it will eventually happen.

John77 likes this.
  11. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

ouch! that pour 47 has been through it!

12. softmentor

Looks like that just became your deposit bank

13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I suspended operations for over a month. Now the itch is back. Almost got a box of halves today. Miss the thrill of seeing that silver in a roll.

14. softmentor

wb Bman33

Bman33 likes this.
  15. brandon08967

brandon08967 Young Collector

I stopped searching halves due to the disappointment of not seeing silver in the rolls. That and my dad doesn't approve of me dropping 500 on a box

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I stopped when I found 2 keepers in 18 boxes of Halves. Before that I got 20oz of silver in 4 1/2 months.

17. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I don't know why I don't stop. I have searched over 40 boxes and have only found a few 40%ers. I guess it's just the thrill of the hunt and the hope of hitting it good one day. Who knows it might be next week.:)

MKent likes this.
  18. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

It provides the same thrill as playing the scratch tickets... The only difference is you never lose, worse that'll happen is breaking even, keep searching for that 90% it'll come

NLL and John77 like this.
  19. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Hahaha, if you let other s know the name of the bank in your area, we can make it everyone's deposit bank!

20. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure if I agree with that idea.

21. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inspiration.

Draft saved Draft deleted