Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Keep the faith!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Just got the other 35 rolls... and there are a few which weigh 225 grams, with the majority weighing 224... eating lunch and then the fun will begin!

4. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Has it happened to you?

5. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

My first ever Walking Liberty Half found in circulation today - a 1943-S! Along with a 1964-D... 3 90%'s and 1 40% total out of that box! Stoked!! 43s64d-072916.jpg

6. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Been skunked many many times in Halves... I go in just hoping for NIFCs... that makes the skunk boxes less painful.

7. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

$14 nickels - out of one roll I got a dateless buffalo, 1939, 1940, 1954-D and 2009-P! Not much from the rest - just a common 1946

$6 pennies - 1945-S, 1956-D (red-brown), 1970-S large date (BU), 1967 Canada (hole filler)

8. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

How many skunks did it take to find this?

9. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I finished my last two boxes of cents from my trip. Box 1 had 14 wheats oldest being 1936. Box 2 had 12 wheats. Which included a 1929,1919 and the best for last a 1911. Oh the last box I did also had 7 dimes☺. So out of six boxes I got 9 dimes, 66 wheats and a indian head cent.

berto likes this.
  10. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

This is one of them.

Attached Files:

11. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Lava damage?

13. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I went to my bank today to return coins. The teller is someone I know at the bank and he had found a coin that he wanted to show me. It was a 1962 d half dollar. I asked if I could buy it and he said aure for ten dollars. Well I was a little bit bummed for two reasons. Reason 1 is I have never found a 90%. Reason 2 is he did not even know what a silver coin was until I told him 6 months ago. I hate myself.

14. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

You've created a monster, NLL.

15. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

How many boxes have you searched.

16. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I know and I'm so damn pissed at my self. To think I could have had my first 90% half dollar. Oh well maybe next time

John77 likes this.
  17. Christobal

Don't feel bad. Almost all of the tellers around here hoard silver.

The only time I was able to buy a silver half from a teller's tray was over 2 years ago and she was from India.

18. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Well its not just that. I was so close to getting my first 90%er!

19. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Is a teller actually allowed to try to sell you a coin above face?
    This is why all my banks think I just hoard kennedy halves. Only one teller knows it's for silver and she's a very nice lady.... until she does what happened to NLL to me, then it's war

20. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

No clue, but I think its illegal.

21. Christobal

It's not illegal to try to sell a coin if you own it. It may be against your bank's policies though to allow such transactions to take place in their business on company time.

But... do you really want to alienate a teller?

Draft saved Draft deleted