Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The Wolfman was Lon Chaney Jr. but still a great movie.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

I use a cell phone for my pictures. Easy to upload that way. Congratulations on your find. :)

4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Box of Halves from the Bank:
    1964P
    1964D
    1967P
    1967P

Over an ounce of silver is worth a picture!

64x2 67x2.jpg

5. Jeff Beatty

Jeff Beatty Member

I'm just slightly analytical. Here's a date population chart for a $500.00 bank issued box of circulation Kennedy Half Dollars from March 2016. Enjoy. Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.07.18 PM.png

Ron Henry and CoinZone like this.
  6. Jeff Beatty

Jeff Beatty Member

Interestingly, I have been having success selling certain non silver dates to collectors at far below MS premium prices. The mid 80's and early 90's plus a few other far more current years are actually VERY difficult to find in EF45 - AU58 condition without serious problems & damage from the early coin counting machines. You won't find many decent condition coins of these dates in a large sort...but the ones you do find can easily sell for .75 to 2.00 each through sheer honesty....here is a circulated coin in "almost uncirculated" condition....I am seeing 20% return on investment and buying more and more $500 boxes of Kennedy's....throwing $400 back into the bank counter...and selling the rest.

Ron Henry, berto and Bman33 like this.
  7. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

My analytics of my last small search consisted of 3 rolls CWR from a bank where a near 80 yr old teller crawled under the desk to go into her lil vault and pull out 3 rolls.
    Well these rolls brought some needed hope in that they appeared to be old and juicy.
    Well after close inspection these rolls would be better served as a set of extra brass knuckles for a Heavyweight Boxing match.
    Nada Zilch Zero.
    Gonna try my new bank. The tellers are young and all smiley and helpful. They practically search the bank for my needed halfs. They told me when to come in to get the girl that has the key to all the good stuff. They give me used dime boxes to carry out the rolls.Man they are the sweetest.
    If tomorrow's coin roll grab pans out I will bring them some donuts.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Ron Henry and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Box of halves from the bank:
    1943P
    1960D
    1964P
    1964P
    1965P
    1965P
    1965P

Walkr 7.jpg

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Nice!

Ron Henry and Bman33 like this.
  10. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

image.jpeg This is from a 10 roll pickup in Pawtucket, RI, if I remember correctly.
    Sadly, the most exciting piece I got.
    Guessing that Karl Frederick Witter is NOT a coin collector, lol.

NOS, Bman33, Ron Henry and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm a little slow tonight. What does that say?

12. Garlicus

Edited my post - it says Karl Frederick Witter

There is someone by that name in Bloomfield CT. I'm thinking about mailing it to him.

NOS likes this.
  13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

That would be cool.

14. Garlicus

Imagine if I send it to him anonymously, and he didn't do it? He would be like "wtf?", lol.

NOS and Bman33 like this.
  15. furryfrog02

Could be someone's way to know what they have searched.

16. Garlicus

Too much effort for that. Each letter is individually stamped.

NOS likes this.
  17. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

Made my usual rounds this week and picked up a box of cents (solid 2016 P), $50 CWR dimes and $90 in CWR nickels. Spent all day yesterday working in the yard to get ahead of the rain here in the mid-Atlantic region. Since today is cold and rainy (and my back is telling me not to lift one more thing), I should be able to do a bit of searching today.

18. Small Size

Small Size Active Member

I did the half dollar roll searching thing in the early 2000's (yes, I'm old). It was the rare roll that didn't have a 40% or several. 90%'s were very common. Mostly 64's. I'd ask for half rolls at banks all over town, and at random banks whenever I traveled. I never thought of having an exclusive dump bank, so I saw lots of the same rolls until I learned to wait a month or so between excursions. My wife, my business partner and the staffers I'd get to pick up halves when making deposits all thought I was nuts.
    I finally sold most of the accumulation at the end of 2005 when silver hit $10. $2.00 per $1.00 on the 40%, $5.00 per $1.00 on the 90%. Around $2200 face. Netted about $3000. Should have seen the looks I got. I still have the 3 Colombian halves I found, as well as a 46s BTW and a 67 that's about VG, always wondered where it circulated so much to get that worn.
    But back then I'd be unhappy if a roll didn't yield at least 2 40%'s. Don't have the patience to do what you fellows do.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    NOS, halvessearcher, berto and 2 others like this.
  19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in seeing how the CWR dimes went. Let us know when you can.

20. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

$14 BW nickels: 1940, 1946, 1947-D (hole filler), 1954-D, 2 Canadian (1998 & 2000)

$6 BW pennies:
    1940-S (hole filler), 1945, 1953-D, 1957-D
    4 other S-mints - 1968, 1971, 1973, 1974
    4 Canada - 1964, 1978, 1985, 1992

Christobal likes this.
  21. furryfrog02

Finished off 4 boxes of cents from the weekend. Nothing spectacular, 43 wheats, 98 WAM, and a 43 Steel.

Bman33, Ron Henry and Christobal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted