Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. NumisRookie

NumisRookie Active Member

I have to agree. I have been lucky. I just don't like nickels. Well the Jefferson ones. I could get excited about a MS Buffalo or v nickel probably, but that's about it. I've just been wanting a war nickel really bad. So my war nickel luck has been terrible.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The $45 in CWR:

Didn't hold out much hope for these, cents especially CWR haven't been too good lately - but they were otherwise:

3 pre-41 - '35, '37, '40
    1 '42-S
    1 '43 steel - nice grey colour, not corroded
    32 '40s and '50s
    2 Canada GVI '43, '45
    40 Canadians from '54-78
    1 Dime

4. danb1284

danb1284 Member

IMG_4703.JPG IMG_4702.JPG
    Three boxes of nickels ($300)...
    6 Buffalos - 1 1936, 1 1927, 4 dateless
    2 1943 P (silver)
    1 1938

furryfrog02, Christobal and Ron Henry like this.
  5. Garrett Haag

Garrett Haag Active Member

Since I have a little extra time off due to the holiday I went to town on some bags of coins today, went through 2 bags of dimes $2000, and got 5 Roosevelt dimes in both so got 10 from that and went through $200 in nickels an got 1 silver and 2 1939s that seemed good enough to keep.

furryfrog02 and Ron Henry like this.
  6. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Pretty decent BWR box of Cents. Found 22 wheats and filled a hole in my collection with a 1950-S. :)

Quality of the wheats was low, however. Mostly filthy (green corrosion) and worn. But no complaints! Happy to find boxes with more than a dozen wheats.

The 1950-S was encrusted, so I had to clean it a little to even see the mintmark. I just used water and a little gentle brushing with a soft toothbrush. Hated to do it, but had to be done. Hoping the color will even out after a few weeks sitting on a shelf.

The 1911-D is maybe the most worn wheat I've found with a good readable date. Also nice finding a 1919!

IMG_20151124_001330.jpg IMG_20151124_001409.jpg

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

$50 in CWR halves - zilch.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

jester3681 likes this.
  9. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

Grabbed a mix of penny and dime rolls while cashing a check at the bank - only a few since I was limited to what would fit in my coat pockets (without looking like I'd robbed the bank).

$5 CWR/BWR mixed penny rolls - 2000 wide AM! First I've found in more than a year of looking.

The rest of the bunch: 2 wheats (1941 & 1957-D), 1 2009 (log cabin), a nice looking 1961-D and a 1982 abused by unknown means

$15 dimes - no keepers.

Attached Files:

Christobal and Ron Henry like this.
  10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

$25 BWR cents:
    1 1917
    9 40s and 50s
    2 68-74 S mints

11. Christobal

Nice wide A-M! And that '61-D is sweet too!

I've only found one of those A-Ms too (2000-P). I look at every error year, get cross-eyed, but mostly it's been a waste of effort. I do have a couple of mildly doubled 1955s, but the book says only strongly doubled 55s are special.

I do have a clipped planchette somewhere. 1982? I don't remember. Found it when I was a kid.

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

A planchette ( /plɑːnˈʃɛt/ or /plænˈʃɛt/), from the French for "little plank", is a small, usually heart-shaped flat piece of wood equipped with two wheeled castors and a pencil-holding aperture, used to facilitate automatic writing

A planchet \ˈplan-chət\ is a round metal disk that is ready to be struck as a coin. An older word for planchet is flan. They are also referred to as blanks.

13. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

2 pennies
    2 nickels

The order i opened them: N > P > N > P

great rolls, the first penny and nickel rolls weren't very good.
    the second round, was much better. I first found a '48 Jefferson nickel, then i found three wheat pennies in one roll. One '44, one '45 D and one '54 D. I didn't have any of these.

14. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I went through my weekly box of pennies and found nothing worth keeping. I was at another bank making a deposit for someone and I asked the teller for a couple of rolls. I went through them and it was pretty cool. One roll had a few 1974's, and 78's but the rest were all gem 1983 MS. Some are 1983D, and most are 1983P. Some have a little tarnish but they are all free of scratches, dings, or any other signs of circulation. The other roll had a few 74's, and 78's but all the rest were gem MS 1982P large date.
    No doubled die's or MM errors but beautiful coins for sure.

Ron Henry likes this.
  15. Robby Bee

Robby Bee Member

Are they from customers (brown wrapped) or from the Fed (yellow/white wrapped)?

16. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that yellow/white = Loomis.
    The Fed does not distribute half dollars anymore in rolls.

17. Christobal

Was visiting relatives over the weekend so I didn't have much time to look at coins, but I did have some CWR Cents in my car, so I went through 2 rolls. First roll was all recently minted coins. Second roll had three wheatbacks inside! Very good roll. :)

1948, 1953, 1957-D

Ron Henry likes this.
  18. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

A nice haul from a friendly teller eager to get rid of a nasty old foam coffee cup full of wet coffee grounds and $45 in halves:

8 64's
    5 64-d's and
    24 forty percenters

About 8.2 ounces in that dirty cup...that puts me over 700 silver coins this year. I assume this was a cwr find...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  19. Facevalue

Facevalue Active Member

Where do you live? I average one silver per box of halfs, anything more is a good day

20. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

My 3rd Bicentennial 40% found CRH'ing and my obviously my first 1926 Sesquicentennial Commemorative.

I won't say it's my best box ever, but the Sesqui is by far the best single coin I've ever saved from circulation.

21. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

One bag of quarters, $1000 - zilch except for 6 Canadians that I gave back. They were deposited the day before from a general public turkey raffle.

Draft saved Draft deleted