Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. blue_oxen

blue_oxen Junior Member

$9 in lose halves from the bank got 7 40% and 4 bicentennial :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

50 Frankies and 85 Walkers is just incredible. I thought I was having good luck. Wow GypsyTears........Wow!

4. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Wow

Just went through 15 rolls of halves that I found at a bank near my office. Nothing in all except one with a 1967 & a 1900 O Barber!

Still wish I could find a Walker (or the 87 P I need for the album)

5. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Hey......I'll send you a Walker I found in a roll of halves for that Barber! :kewl:

6. batonfire131

batonfire131 Junior Member

Are those hairlines on the Morgan? Anyways, Nice find!

7. Half Dollar*

Half Dollar* Numismaniac

Just searched an amazing box of halves! I found 18 40%ers, 3 90%ers and a 1976-S proof! :D

8. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

I think about selling my silver that I have found but I am some what attached to them because I was fortunate enough to find em. If I did sell I would sell silver to buy silver. Mabey some BU rolls or a couple of key dates?

9. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Quality not quantity

Kind of an odd box for me:

1 1985 S
    3 Walkers 1935, 1937, 1943
    1 Franklin 1951
    1 1964

and no 40%'s. Weird to find 5 90% and 0 40%. First time to find more than one 90%er in a box.

Erin

10. Coinman1981

Coinman1981 Junior Member

I bought 7 rolls of halves today....No Franklins or Walkers, but I did find 4 '64s, 1 '65, 2 67s, and 2 '68s.

11. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

AggieCollector: Congrats on your first multi 90% box!!!!

Great finds everyone!

12. Scrumhalf2

Scrumhalf2 Junior Member

Looks like the good luck has been going around. Nice find on the Morgan Batonfire!

13. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

All Canadian cents from 1996 and before are 98% copper. I found $13.50 in cents, but it's worth $23.50 in copper! There's a ton of money and copper to be found in Canadian cents. All you need is a little time.

14. Buffalo Gal

Buffalo Gal Junior Member

I have only been collecting halves for about 2 months now. I went to the bank today and got $200 in yellow wrappers.....nothing exciting then i hit another bank and they had 3 rolls and I found 15 40%ers. Most I have found in a while last month I found 115 in one week. Hoping for a better day tomorrow
    However I am still on a high because I discovered in my buffalo nickels I have had for a while a 1936d 3 and a half leg. Has some scratches so grading it probably won't be beneficial but its awesome and I can't wait to find out its value. I don't know how to do pictures in here yet, I have to read up on it. Do you use photobucket?

15. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Box of halves yesterday:

1 2001 Medio Balboa (Panama)
    1 1968 40%er

16. mrak

mrak Member

Funny, I don't even know where to begin. One half of me is still WOW and the other half is convinced I just hauled in someone's stash.

So last night I went through my first box of halves in about a month and a half. Here's my tally, I'll just lay it all out there:
    31 Walkers (4 30's, rest all yr's 40's)
    27 Franklins (almost full range of years)
    7 '64's (MS quality)
    3 40%
    69 proof
    70d
    71 proof
    72 proof

I'd say that's a more complete haul than I would have ever reasonably expected to find and I don't expect to repeat anytime soon if ever. .....and to think I was jazzed to find my first 3 buffalos in a box if nickels last week.

17. immytay1

immytay1 Member

18. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

You don't see this everyday

Mrak.....WOW. All of those Walkers and Franklins....

I got an interesting box today. Look at what is staring at me.........two mirrored proofs. I've found circulated proofs before, but these are still mirrored.

I'll let you know what the box gives up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Buffalo Gal

Buffalo Gal Junior Member

WOW...very nice!

I had a pretty good day myself. My first $200 in halves turned out to be a dumping ground, the guy had even a little stamp on the rolls JK. I didn't realize this til it was too late. So I basically rolled them up and then spent $140 on some other halves from another bank. I found 22 40%ers. Then on the way home I got a sign from above....2 hawks flying above me. I am part native american and they are my guides. So I decided to go to this bank I never get any halves from. I hit the freakin motherlode in 40%ers. the teller said someone brought in $110 in halves so I nabbed them and found 69 40%. Dates are really interesting too, so I am trying to look at them now. I still think there is some good coins in there. Will let ya know. What I thought was a 1977 (no D) DDR I think may be machine doubled. Not sure I have to learn this area better. I am having a blast at this.

20. hippieman556

hippieman556 Member

i have not found anything great as of late i did get a 1946 nickel though

21. mrak

mrak Member

Bobbeth87, those are nice looking proofs. They are fun to find.

Draft saved Draft deleted