Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Doubled 2015?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

you beat me to it

4. Dilly dollar

Dilly dollar Active Member

both of you beat me to it.

5. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

About 2 pages back, I posted a picture of it - found a 2015-P dime with some strong doubling on the date and mint mark.

6. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Member

i think i found a wheat penny error...
    not sure if it's actually worth anything more than copper value though :( $.02
    what do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

Dougmeister likes this.
  7. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

@UrbanHunter, I like it. Strike through error maybe? Wait for the experts to chime in. Nice find!

UrbanHunter likes this.
  8. Treashunt

nah, a die crack

9. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

@Treashunt, a die crack because it goes under the devices?

10. Treashunt

more likely

11. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

Hit up a couple of banks for halves/$2 bills/weird stuff on Wednesday - struck out on silver (couple of clad halves), but one teller says to me "I have a really old silver dollar - you want it?" I tried to contain my enthusiasm when I replied yes, and the coin I got? A banged up 1978 Eisenhower. Still happy to get it, but "really old silver dollar" means something else to me :)

johnno92 and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  12. Treashunt

sheesh.

What was she?

Like 12 years old?

ace71499 likes this.
  13. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

This was fun, but turned out to be a really worn 1926.
    uploadfromtaptalk1432861947007.jpg

14. Dilly dollar

Dilly dollar Active Member

Any buffalo nickel in a coin roll hunt is a good one!

15. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

I find a buffalo every few boxes.. If there is a buffalo, never find silver in the box, and if there is silver, I never find a buffalo. I'm waiting for a box with both. Got a solid vf 1918-s cent from the take a penny at the local store. It was better than the one I had in my circ dansco, so solid upgrade.

16. Pickin and Grinin

There might be some mint styles, DDo's DDr's etc. I have 20 rolls waitin for the day.

17. dangolf1890

dangolf1890 Junior Member

I've learned that there's no money to be made in CRW, unless you are the 0.000001% that happens to find gold. Or unless you happen to find a whole roll of 1909-S VDB pennies.

18. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I disagree; although you can not make a living off of CRH, there is still silver (and I've even heard of someone finding gold in a half dollar roll) out their. I find about 3 40% silvers a box. That's about 6 dollars in silver (more than any bank will pay you in interest). I just do it while I'm watching Netflix or something so my time isn't being wasted. Also, if you find an error coin, or a key date they can fetch a lot of money. There is a penny that has an error where the ear is doubled (i believe the date is 1987 but someone can correct me) which someone on the form got 100 dollars from. Now these aren't common, but if you patient eventually you will catch one.

19. Pickin and Grinin

Thwe big double ears are 84 88 and 97. I believe the 2006 has one.

20. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$25 BWR Cents:
    - 6 Wheats: 40, 40-S, 44, 45, 48-D, 53-D
    - 7 '59/'59-D
    - 4 Canadian pennies: 79, 84, 2002, 2005
    - 557 Copper

Nothing earth shattering there, but the 48-D was at least a hole filler in my circulated album. The "master of coin" was on lunch break when I stopped by the bank yesterday, so I won't pick up the next box until Monday. Hoping the credit union will have something interesting for me when I stop by this morning.

Happy hunting!

21. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I have a friend who found an Indian head Eagle (i think 1907) in a roll of $1 coins. He's the only one i know who's ever found gold though.

ace71499 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted