Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Went to my primary bank this morning and asked if they had any half rolls, She asked how many I would like in which I replied with "how many do you have?" So far things seemed good. She then turns to the teller next to her to ask if he had any in which he informs her that they had just sent out all they had the prior week =(......... Thankfully the second branch had 4 rolls so I picked those up. nothing special but at least it was a kick start to searching again.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

[
    None of these are circ proofs.

Buy a Red Book--

tons of info

cletis faye likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Finished the last 5 boxes of cents last night.
    Ended up with 59 wheats (oldest was 1919)
    1998 WAM(my 49th WAM)
    1972 DDO#3 or DDO#6. I'm leaning more towards 6 though.

5. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

I had two and a half hours to kill this morning. So I decided to check a few banks. The first teller had only one roll but it had one 64 and 17 part silver...nice start! Next three banks had nothing good. The next one had seven rolls which yielded 45 more forty percenters. Topped it off with three more part silver to make it over nine ounces in two and a half hours! 66 coins!

Man I had no luck last year but its been good this year. Almost 100 ounces and over 460 silver coins already.

20150501_200335.jpg

6. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Stopped by my usual bank and asked for halves, the teller had 2 for me, and then she asked the teller next to her. The second teller was excited to get rid of the roll she had in her drawer. ....... SOLID 64 JFK's 20 of them.
    Woooo hoooo

ace71499, Ron Henry, jlogan and 2 others like this.
  7. Dilly dollar

Dilly dollar Active Member

Nice find!

8. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Thank you. It is the kind of thing that keeps me going back for more. Helps to overcome the "skunk box blues" lol

9. Dilly dollar

I hear ya about those skunk box blues. I went through nickels and found no keepers.

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

CT:

Congrats!

Great day

11. Fish paws

Fish paws Member

Finally broke out of the mother of all dry spells last week with a respectable showing:

1963 Proof Roosevelt dime
    3-1964 Roosevelt dimes
    1945 Merc

Went almost 4 whole months w/ nothing to show for it...law of averages, I guess.

Ron Henry and ace71499 like this.
  12. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

Grabbed a few rolls of pennies, nickels and dimes today and didn't find anything special, but in a single machine-wrapped nickel roll I got:
    1942 (non-silver)
    1948-D (hole filler)
    1955-D
    1957-D x 2
    1970-S
    ... all mixed in with the regular assortment of new stuff

13. Dilly dollar

The 1970 s is meant for circulation
    1968-1974 the ones with s mint marks were made for circulation.

14. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Ordered a box of half dollars from a new bank yesterday. Won't be in till next Thursday though, so i'm really anxious, my first box of halves in a while

15. Dilly dollar

Cool be sure to tell me how it goes.

16. errorcollector

errorcollector New Member

I was at one of my plumbing customers this week. They are about 90 years old, and had about $23 worth of lincoln cents wrapped up and ready to take to the bank. I bought them for face value from the couple, not expecting to find anything good. I brought them home, and two of my sons and I searched through them. We found 184 wheat cents. 28 were 1943 steel cents. The oldest were one 11-p, 1 17-p, one 18-p, 1-19s, and several 19-p. We also found 8 dimes in the rolls! I bought a roll of dimes also, and there was a steel cent stuffed in it! I think I need to take the profit from the rolls, and buy them a new pair of glasses :) 0503150914.jpg 0503150914b.jpg

rooman9, ace71499, Fish paws and 2 others like this.
  17. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

I thought it was only 69 & 70 for nickels, 68-74 for pennies. I actually encounter 1970-S nickels every once in awhile, but finding any S-mint coin on the east coast is rare.

18. Dilly dollar

Cool How old are they? I'm 13.:)
    You might be right, but I do see 1968 s nickels. Maybe 68-70.

19. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Active Member

Was picking up 4 straps of Ones today. I then asked if they had any half dollars. "How many do you need", asked the teller. "How many do you have?" I replied. "About 140$ worth, someone deposited them yesterday". I quickly searched half a stack of Ones for any stars and noticeably cool S/N, then used them to pick up 5 rolls of halves.

Got to my car with 350$ in Ones and 50$ in half dollars. Cracked open the first roll and saw no fewer than 6 silvers. I then searched another stack of Ones quickly and went back in for the rest of the halves. Unfortunately, he either was mistaken about having 140$ or he was holding back 5 rolls for other customers, but I did get 4 more rolls and 12 loose.

96$ in Halves: 37x 40%ers. Best haul yet. No stars in the Ones, but the silver was exciting. At work I should have almost 10 straps of Ones and 1 strap of Fives to go through, as yesterday we should have gotten the Brinks coin/currency order in.

jlogan, Ron Henry and ace71499 like this.
  20. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

$1000 bag of halve - 3x 40%, 1x 1943 walker, 1987D

ace71499 likes this.
  21. Dilly dollar

Draft saved Draft deleted