Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I know what years the NIFC are, I was asking what years of NIFC he found

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

My mistake

jlogan likes this.
  4. Barfly

Barfly Active Member

Last week, I searched two more boxes of halves. I only found 1 40%er. However, I did find a silver dime in the coin machine reject tube. And the box was interesting because the mad plater had been at it again and left me 9 chrome plated halves and one gold plated half that was a 1/10th gram too heavy. I also found a half with a picture of Elvis on it that said "hunk of burnin' love." At least the boxes weren't boring.

5. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

hey i got good news we have a fairly new bank in town huntington and i went there and asked for a box of pennies and she said sure you can get any coins you want here and if i want an account no minimum to open it no minimum balance either

Dougmeister likes this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Now just see how long that policy lasts. ;)

7. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

1 box of pennies

5 canadian cents
    9 wheat cent
    1 bahamas star fish cent (pretty neat coin)

8. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

Bought some junk silver at the LCS today

Out of $50 face in 90% halves: 1900S Barber, 1909S Barber (both AG3 to G-)
    Out of $50 face in 90% quarters: 1905 Barber (AG3), 1907 Barber (VG but harshly cleaned), 1856 Seated with "L.REED" counterstamped on it (G4 Details)
    Out of $50 face in 90% dimes: 1903O, 1906, 1911, 1913, 1916

Mr. Flute likes this.
  9. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

nice... junk silver to expensive here i buy on a forum i have been a member of since 2009

jlogan likes this.
  10. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

thats the star fish cent i found

Attached Files:

11. lincoln

lincoln Large Member

Pretty Slim Picken's (no offense to Dr. Strangelove---some of you will get the reference) on halves in the past two months. Out of 17 boxes I've found one Benjamin and three 40%.
    Looking through nickels today, however, I did okay. I had gone through 6 boxes of nickels and not had a single war nickel (at least not the correct war). Today I found two in the same roll! The last roll I scanned had a 1950-D...I'd grade it XF40...I never thought I'd find that one in a roll.
    In pennies, out of 5 CWR at my bank I found 3-1956-D which were brilliant red and 12 other wheats.
    I even found a 1957-D Roosevelt dime among the regulars in 4 dime rolls.
    It was a good day.

Mr. Flute likes this.
  12. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Active Member

got a 1947 Rosie :)

I'm up to 25¢ so far this week.

13. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

Two boxes halves: 3-40%, 12- NIFC (jlogan, PM me if you'd like a list of the NIFCs).

14. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

I need to get back into this, think I will go and see if my bank has any half roll's to look through.

15. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

Joey, it seems to be hit and miss. Guess that's why it's called coil roll hunting, not silver finding.

16. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Believe me, it wont be my first rodeo. I use to hunt through boxes of quarters and dimes sometimes finding more foreign moderns than anything else, silver found it's way every once in awhile. every know and then my bank will get some rolls of halves mostly with nothing but commons but none the less fun to search through for that hope in actually getting something silver.

17. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I went to the local gas station yesterday. I'm a regular customer and they are happy to give me rolls of anything I want. Yesterday I got 5.00 in Lincoln Cents. The clerk told me a customer had brought them in earlier. I pulled some of the interesting ones aside. I am quite new to searching for varieties and am still learning what to look for. In 5 rolls I found about 3 or 4 S circulated S proofs.
    DSCN1453.JPG DSCN1457.JPG DSCN1441.JPG DSCN1442.JPG DSCN1447.JPG DSCN1437.JPG DSCN1458.JPG DSCN1434.JPG DSCN1443.JPG DSCN1446.JPG
    Enjoy.

18. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Part 2.

Attached Files:

19. hippieman556

hippieman556 Member

where is the best place to get rolls from

20. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

the bakery lol just kidding

rockyyaknow and paddyman98 like this.
  21. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Just as an FYI, they made non-proof S mint cents until 1974. Check your Redbook.

Silverhouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted