Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Iwent through a box of pennies and found the following

8 2009 pennies
    4 canadian comm.
    1 1957D
    1 1954S
    1 1955D
    1 1947
    1 1945D
    1 1944D
    1 1968S, 69S, 70S
    1 1960D replaced what was in the album

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

Found a rainbow toned 53' wheatie last night, almost unc...

And, three 63' Jefferson nickels in the same bank wrapped roll that are gorgeous! MS60ish.

Also found a very strange {struck through/delaminated?} cent. grease or something cant tell. Took it to coin shop today and the think maybe some sort of acid??? I'll post if I can..

happy hunting

4. Nolawyer

Nolawyer Junior Member

I just went through $5.00 of pennies and found an AU 1944, a 1953, a 1976 Canadian penny and about 20 2009's (Log Cabin and Rail Splitting.)

5. Scrumhalf2

Scrumhalf2 Junior Member

Great finds!

Drove to 2 small towns to try to find halves. The second bank I went to had 5 rolls, 4 that were customer wrapped and another that the teller had loose and put in a roll to give me. I could see that some of the coins he was putting in the roll were silver! I open this roll first and to my surprise 14- 40% and 1 64. The other rolls were good too! Ended up with 31 total silver, including a 52-D from that bank! Ended up getting 4 more rolls with 4 40% and 2 boxes that only yielded 1- 40%. They weren't solid rolls of Franklins or Walkers like some have found but it was still my best find with customer wrapped rolls!

6. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Great finds!

If you've found solid rolls of Frankies and Walkers (WOW!), do tell, do tell!

7. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Just finished another box of halves............nothing.

That's 3 boxes in a row with nothing to show for it.

Back at it tomorrow....

8. Coinman1981

Coinman1981 Junior Member

I found a 1964 and 1967 in a single roll ($10) of halves I picked up at my bank recently. Not too shabby for looking through only one, random roll.

9. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

I went through an awesome bag of dimes today I found 66 silver dimes!!! :eat::eat::eat: That one was sure fun to go through! The most I ever found before in a bag was 8
    [​IMG]

10. lincolnhoardr

And I also found 3 silver quarters 2 ugly 1952-D's and this nice 1960 quarter
    [​IMG]

11. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Wow, that is the most luck for dimes that I've seen on here, with FOUR MERCs!!!!!!! I've never found a Mercury dime in my life. Congrats!!

12. dano

dano Junior Member

Searched 3 boxes of halves this week.
    13 40%
    1 1964
    1 2006-D
    1 1973-S proof
    and 1 1942-S Walker!

Not bad, especially the Walker, and after getting skunked on 4 boxes in a row over the past 2 weeks.

13. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Wow! What is this coin?

Ok, I was going through a roll and found my first Frankiln. Then a few coins later I found a half I had never seen before. I have never posted pictures on here but I will try a bit later. Anyway, after looking it up it is a 1952 Booker T Washington / George Washington Carver half dollar. Now I looked in Red book to figure out what it is. I am not have what to make of it as the Red book shows some differnet values for it. The hardest thing for me to figure is I have no idea how to grade it. The background on both sides is black as night. I am guessing it is silver as silver turns black right? Now as far as the "busts" and all the writing on it, they are VERY clear even the detail on the US map on the back. You can see all the outlines of the states on it. The coin is not worn at all and seems to have VERY good detail. I have never seen one of these so either way it is pretty cool to find. Any insights out there on value or ballpark grade based on what I describe? Again I will try to post a pic thsi evening.

Thanks to all for your help!!

Erin

14. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Erin.....Congrats on the Franklin and the commemorative. The Washington/Carver commemorative half is worth about 15 in AU. I've seen them sell on ebay for anywhere from about 7 bucks (for worn ones) to in the 20s and 30s for really nice ones. I really like the commemoratives, so don't dump it without calling me, lol, as I don't have this one yet.

Was this a roll from a box or a hand rolled one from a bank customer?

15. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

I made a list of numbers for banks in the area where I was going to be working friday. At lunch I called and only one bank had halves. I picked up 50 dollars worth and they were rolled in white typing paper??? The first roll the teller opened to count them... I said no no no I will open them geez your taking half the fun away!!! 2 out of the 5 rolls had silver. 1 roll had 2 40% and the other roll had 10 40%, 1 Franklin AU 1951, and 3 Kennedy 64's. Wow what a rush!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

16. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Commemorative

It was a brinks roll one of three the bank gave me. I looked on EBAY and the one coin I could find is listed as a buy it now for $55. So I guess it all depends on quality.

Erin

17. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

this week's results

I've been having a difficult time just getting any half dollars lately. The last 10 banks I've tried netted a total of 39 coins :rolling:
    Two banks have boxes on order for me - for the last three weeks and due to some strange error have not gotten any yet...

Of the 39 coins, I found a beautiful '65, and an '88S?!

So most of the time, I have been just helping my kids go through their pennies and nickels.

This week:

One box, plus 14 more rolls of pennies for a total of
    8 Wheats, 6 Canadians - oldest wheat was a '37

One box of nickels for a total of
    3 prewar nickels, two canadians, and some kind of East- or South Asian coin.

In the coin return machine, I did find a Chuck E. Cheese token and a bent '52s penny.

Maybe someday the banks will actually get me my half boxes... or maybe it is nature's way of telling my to get back to working on my MA Thesis.

-David

18. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

The vault teller at my bank was not working today, so I couldn't get my box. :(

I went a searching at other banks and found 16 rolls at various banks including some hand rolled ones.

I found only 1 40% 1968......but at least, after 3 non-silver boxes in a row, I wasn't shut out.

19. rallen

rallen Junior Member

I have rolls of wheats by date will trade fore memorial p's by date

20. rallen

rallen Junior Member

trade coins

contact me @ rallrallen@yahoo.com

21. lincolnhoardr

This find was my favorite[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted