Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They can only do boxes. I get any bags from their coin machine though. Problem is, halves fill up maybe once a month, if that.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

Well, just finished the other 4 boxes. They were at least a bit better than the first 4.
    1963D Frankie. Nicely toned obverse and white reverse
    2003S Proof. Upgrade for my book
    9 NIFC. I have em all so they are going to the coin machine.

4. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

which NIFC are they? i might trade some if you have any that i don't.

NOS likes this.
  5. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$25 BWR Cents:
    - Wheats: 20, 41, 44, 51-D (x2), 53-D (x2), 55 (x2), 56-D, 57, 57-D (x2)
    - Canadian: 96, 2007
    - West German 2 pfennig
    - 541 copper cents

I picked up my last box of cents for 2014 this afternoon and will make my rounds for nickels tomorrow while I'm out and about running weekend errands. I'm looking forward to sitting down next week and seeing what the "year in coin roll hunting" looked like.

6. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

So far.....

2000 WAM x2
    1983p 1do-011
    1972p 1do-008
    2006p ddo t.b.d. looks like a early state 1do-004
    2011p 1do-006 x2!!!

Other interesting cents....
    1961d struck through
    2011p die clash with no die polishing. My first shield die clash
    1988p over polished reverse die with no trace of FG. x2!

Some other possibles but I had a long day and Ill try to I.D. them tomorrow.

7. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

First search in about 6 months,

$590 halves - Skunked
    $80 Quarters - Skunked
    $8 Nickels - Skunked
    $30 Dimes - One of my best finds to date a 1994 s silver proof.

NOS and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

Two boxes halves- 2 NIFC, no silver.

9. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

$14 loose halves - 1964, 1967 x2
    $200 quarters - bicentennial x 11
    $50 dimes - skunk

10. furryfrog02

$1k bag of dimes gave me 4 Roosies (58D, 60D, 63D, 64)

I also picked up 2 bags of nickels and 3 bags of cents so I will be busy for the next week or so :)

spirityoda likes this.
  11. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

again, not really Coin Roll Hunting but i bought a $70 face value jar of 90% silver coins for $1,000 and found:

-a worn 1854-O seated half
    -an 1866 nickel 3 cent piece
    -an 1894 barber quarter
    -2x barber dimes (1897, 1902)
    - a 1908 barber half

plus, the Face value of the jar added up to $73.28 instead of $70.00 :D

12. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

You sure hit a home run on that roll,eh? How about some photos of the best ones please.......

jlogan likes this.
  13. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

Finally got a box of pennies that wasn't brand new:

17 wheats (40, 42, 45D, 46, 46D, 47D, 48D, 4x 51D, 3x 54D, 3x 58D)
    12x 2009
    3x Canadian (1920, 1962, 2010)
    2002 Italy 2 euro cent
    1,193 coppers

are these good results? i wasn't expecting to find so many coppers :)

14. furryfrog02

17 Wheaties is pretty good for me. If I get anything over 10 I am happy. As for the coppers, I don't specifically sort them out so I couldn't tell you for sure. I think I average about 20-25% coppers.

jlogan likes this.
  15. Morphior

Morphior New Member

Hi,

I'm completely new to this topic and haven't quite understood the process of getting money from a bank and returning it. Can somebody please explain it to me since I'm really interested and I read 58 pages in this thread… (I am German so please don't expect good english skills from me ;)) oh, and I don't have a bank account here, so that might be a problem… (I am currently in the US though)

Morphior

16. furryfrog02

If you don't have a bank account in the US it will be more difficult for you to pick up coins and return them. I get coins from a few banks that I don't have accounts with. I just ask the teller's if they can sell me whatever it is I am looking to buy. If they say no I just say thanks and leave. If you do manage to get coins to search you may have some difficulty returning them to a bank if you don't have an account. Your best best would be to put them through a coinstar machine. The only problem with that is that they take a percentage of what you put in. Though there are a few ways to get around that, like if you get a gift card instead of cash. I don't know the specifics since I use the free coin counters that my banks have.

Are you in the US for a long time or just visiting? If you are hear awhile, is it possible to get a bank account somewhere?

17. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

For someone that says they don't speak very good English that was pretty flawless. I think that was much better than some of the people on here who's primary language is English. Welcome to the forum!

18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

A German on a visa in the usa may not be able to open a bank account. My daughter is in Hungary on a visa and cannot open a bank account. She is still learning the language so the reason for this is not yet clear. Meanwhile she is using an American visa credit card for her expenses and I am paying the bill. Yes, I'm a nice dad

19. furryfrog02

$200 bag of nickels:
    2 Buffs - 25P, Dateless
    1 War - 43P
    6 Canadian
    7 Pre-60 Keepers including a 49S

MKent likes this.
  20. Morphior

Morphior New Member

I am here for 5 1/2 more months, so no, opening a bank account is impossible for me (for now). I will move to the US in approx. 6 years though, so maybe then. My concern is that some coins become rare at this time, so I'd like to get at least some coins so I have a basis which I can either trade with or have a collection… But I see the point with the bank account, so I have to probably wait.

Oh by the way: My "host sister" used to collect pennies and I searched them: Skunk. I think I searched like 80 or so… She has a few nickels and dimes too, but neither silver nor anything else of interest. Is there such thing as "beginner's bad luck"? :D I know I am not the exception, other people probably searched 10000s of coins before finding something.

Revi likes this.
  21. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

You might be skipping over the copper pennies. In 1982 the US switched from copper to zinc, so those pre-82's are worth 2 cents a piece. Any pre 1960's are called Wheaties, and they are worth more.

Draft saved Draft deleted