Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

What did you buy at Walmart?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

a $20 bill, a $10 bill, a $5 bill, 3 $1 bills, 2 dimes, a cent, and a Mountain Dew

4. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Wow, can't wrap my head around that. Were they rolled or did you just plunck them down loose. If rolled I am sure they had to be opened & counted. Wonder why she was annoyed.

5. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

in a plastic baggie xD. usually i wouldnt do this, but i dont have a dump bank for halves at the moment and i'm tired of the "greeters" at walmart always searching my backpack when i leave.

6. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$25 BWR Cents:
    - 10 Wheats: 42, 45, 46-D (x2), 48, 49, 50-D, 52-D, 53-D, 58-D
    - 7 Canadian, 1 Barbados

$40 CWR Nickels:
    - 18 pre-1960: 39, 40, 41, 48, 52-D, 53, 53-D, 54, 54-S, 56-D (x2), 57 (x3), 58, 59-D (x3)
    - 1 Swiss 20 Rappen

$50 CWR Dimes: Skunk for silver. 1 East Caribbean States cent.

$50 BWR Dimes: Skunk

7. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

$5 dimes from Apple Market- skunk
    $2 nickels - skunk
    $0.5 cents- skunk on wheats/varieties, but 12 copper
    1 loose half- mine that i spent last week
    6 loose dollars- skunk
    they could only sell me one roll of each, they were running low on quarters and the rest of the dollar coins were in the safe :(

so i went to the thrift shop next door, closed until noon (this was at 10:15 and i had an hour to get home)

then i went to dollar general-
    $10 quarters- skunk
    $10 dimes- skunk
    $6 nickels- 1x dateless buffalo, 2x pre- 1960
    $1 cents- 19 copper
    2 loose halves- 1x 1968 :)
    18 $1 coins- skunk

then i went to the mexican restarant-
    $10 quarters- skunk
    $5 dimes- skunk
    4 loose halves- skunk
    7 loose $1 coins- skunk

by that point i had been to everything in the shopping center except the hair salon and the bar, so i decided to go home

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Was a bit disappointed when I visited a bank out of town, teller only had $2 worth of BWR cents and $30 in BWR nickels. I bought them though, and the first cent roll produced a 1906 IHC and the last roll a 1939 Wheat. The nickels only produced a couple of 40s dates.

You should always take even small amounts of rolled coin - you just never know what may surprise you!

9. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

$3 loose halves from the bank- 1982 no FG!! sold it to my friend for $75 and went back to the bank and got 3 rolls of dollars- skunk

10. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

I think that is a rip off.

Dougmeister likes this.
  11. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

$3 Cents- Garbage
    $2 Nickels- Garbage
    The lady wouldn't give me more because I didn't have an account... Understandable, but still saddening :(

Clutchy likes this.
  12. JohnV

JohnV Active Member

Been having some good luck at work lately with the wheat pennies. A lot of the boxes of cents we've been receiving these past few weeks have been loaded with wheats. When I opened a new box today, I immediately spotted 3 rolls with wheat enders, and one of them had a wheat on both ends. I bought those rolls to open when I got home. I found 16 wheats at work and when I opened the rolls, the first roll had 7 wheats, the second had just one, and the third had 13!. In total, I got 37 wheats today, and this now brings my yearly total to more than all of 2013, currently at 429 wheats, all found at work :)

spirityoda likes this.
  13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

gonna search dimes Thursday. yippy. crossed fingers here for silver ones :shifty::):vulcan::blackalien:

14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

My goal is to finish the three Kennedy half dollar collections I started for each of my kids last year :cool:. I'm not able to get any substantial quantity of half dollars where I live, so the collections have become stagnant.

I am going on vacation over the 4th, so decided to plan ahead and order half dollars at my destination...Was told by the bank I could order in only $5K increments. I think the bank assumed the required order amount would frighten me away, but they were wrong b/c I ordered $5K. I was upfront with them about me looking through them for collectables. I asked the bank if I could return the coins I do not keep and they said no problem they would accept them (I do not need to worry about dumping in my own "coin pool" because I will only be in the area a few weeks). The bank told me no need to re-roll the coins because they prefer them in bags, and they will supply me with bags...I am set, woohoo :woot:!

spirityoda likes this.
  15. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

2 boxes halves: 2-40% (66, 67), 4- NIFC (87-p, 03-P, 07-D, 12-P).

16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

$200 in CWR halves = no silver (someone's dump), but 2 NIFC (2003 D, 2007 D) in BU condition.

17. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$40 BWR nickels - 44-P, 45-S, 51, 51-S, 56, 57, 58 & 59

18. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

i was willing to sell it to him cheap because he is willing to buy any odd varieties i find, and the LCS wont

19. oneguy

oneguy Member

2 boxes halves.....skunk as usual

20. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

got paid with $100 various loose change (nickels through halves)- 1x 1958 Dime, 1x 1962 quarter

spirityoda likes this.
  21. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Box of BWR cents: 24 wheats (1939, 1944, 1944-Dx2, 1945, 1946, 1947-D, 1948-Dx2, 1950-D, 1951, 1952-D, 1954-D, 1955-D, 1956-Dx5, 1957-D, 1958-Dx4); 1959-Dx3, 1968-Sx2, 1971-S, 1972-S, 2006 Canadian penny

$6 in loose halves: skunk (although I did find a couple of dates that I didn't have)

Draft saved Draft deleted