Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I hope to find more next payday. will post results then. happy hunting. "sweet pickin's" as they say on American Pickers TV show. :blackalien:

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Barfly

Barfly Active Member

Today, I got two boxes of halves and tried the weighing technique coinsrus1000 mentioned earlier in the thread. Basically, I got some very confusing results. The heaviest rolls contained no silver. And one of the lightest rolls contained a single 1964 90%er. It could have been missing a coin, I don't know because I thought of that after I was all done. That's all I found.

I think there are far too many sources of error for the weight method to be reliable. There is wear on the coins, paper thickness, tolerance and accuracy of the scale, variations in the coins themselves, etc.. The whole exercise ended up adding more time to the process, because I opened all the rolls anyway. And the banks still haven't caught up with all my orders. Maybe tomorrow the last one in the rotation will catch up.

NOS likes this.
  4. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

$200 twos- 2003(I) star note

spirityoda likes this.
  5. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I've found about 35 Roosevelt silver dimes in the last year at work. I have no idea how many dimes I've looked through but it has to be at least $10 a day if not more.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. oneguy

oneguy Member

$40 bwr's halves.....zippo

7. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$40 BWR nickels - 1899, 45-P & 52-S.

1899_obv.JPG 1899_rev.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. Knightly

Knightly Well-Known Member

2 Boxes of Cents:

1946 D
    1947 D
    1950 D
    1951 D
    1952 D x2
    1957 D

3 Canadian

10$ Nickels: 1941, 1952 D

9. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

There is a "strap searchers" thread in paper money you may want to post that in.

10. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

11. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

It's the fourth Liberty I've found over the last 2.5 years of CRHing.

bugo likes this.
  12. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

My dream find would be a Shield Nickel in a roll. However, every year that passes, the chance is less likely. :)

bugo likes this.
  13. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

A shield is on my bucket list, but I doubt I'll ever find one. The reverse of the shield nickel is one of my top 5 reverses out of all coins. The buffalos are rare enough, and I'm still shocked that I found the V. My bucket list includes a 1909-S VDB wheat penny, a shield nickel, a Mercury dime, standing Liberty and Barber quarters, a 1964 half dollar (a coworker found one and saved it for me but I haven't found one myself. Another co-worker found me a Mercury dime but it isn't the same as finding it yourself), walking Liberty and Barber halves, and any old silver dollar. I've found steel pennies, Indian head pennies, buffalo and V nickels, Roosevelt silver dimes (over 35), a Barber dime with an O mintmark found in a Coinstar machine, several silver Washington quarters including a unique bicentennial-S 40% silver business strike, Franklin halves, and 40% silver halves. I've also found many foreign coins. I've been very fortunate. Finding coins is the only reason I've stuck with this low paying job for so long. I guess when I move on to another job I'll just start buying rolls of coins and finding my circulation coins that way.

14. photo.JPG

Convinced the brother to let me go through his 30 year old penny stash. between 50$-$75 in this can I would guess. Been in his closet since the early 80s and has added to it on occasion. Should be some nice finds at the bottom of the barrel. If not I bet I can atleast update the album with something old and shiny.

Will post back once its looked through.

bugo likes this.
  15. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

Shield is very easy!

16. Barfly

Barfly Active Member

2 more boxes of halves, 2 skunks.

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Skunk box of dimes.

18. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Easy what? Easy to find in circulation?

19. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember him finding one several pages back.
    Easy though? I don't think so...

bugo likes this.
  20. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I haven't found one after searching through 100s of rolls of nickels.

21. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

never found one either but i dont search nickels much. i know a guy who found an indian head eagle in a roll of dollars once, always wished i had this kind of luck

Draft saved Draft deleted