Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

or kids stealing dads or moms coins to buy ice creams lol

BCArthur likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Or their narsty parents pilfering juniors collection to buy cigarettes and hooch at the convenience store.

BCArthur likes this.
  4. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Yes, but since there were millions and millions of silver coins made (just the '64-'69 Kennedys and Roosevelt Dimes alone are over 1 Billion not to mention all the other silver coins made), the likelihood that a haul somewhere in the USA is bound to happen. And even though every silver coin found reduces that probability, it still is pretty high that a large collection of silver will happen somewhere in the USA.

BCArthur likes this.
  5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

2 boxes of nickels - 35, 38, 2x40-D, 3x41-S, 43-P, 44-P, 47-S, 51, 57, 58 & 59.

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

So far 6 Ikes in BU. I mean like fresh out of a roll or something condition. Another box of cents and nickels and haven't time to check them yet.

One of the banks had a British penny in the sorting tray also.

7. JohnV

JohnV Active Member

At work today I found this 1968 French centimes.
    IMG_4961.JPG IMG_4962.JPG

Also found a 1940 Jefferson and a 1947D Wheat.

spirityoda likes this.
  8. immytay1

immytay1 Member

searched a box of quarters and skunked

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Sometimes as I have found out - it pays to be courteous because I have taken those marked rolls and found "missed" 40% coins.

10. oneguy

oneguy Member

19 cwr/bwr of halves and some loose....skunk

11. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

$500 of halves: skunked

12. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

1 loose 40% found in teller tray.
    Boxes #28-#31 of Halves: 1-40%, 1- Franklin.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

View attachment 284015 jun21 009.jpg got a $100 in dimes. was all charged up to see the white edge... but wait it's seems to thick to be a dime... damn a 2000, 5 pence. lol oh well re-roll them and try again tomorrow at different bank.

Attached Files:

14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I hate those stupid 5p coins - I have several dozen of them from searches. Get more tomorrow no doubt.

15. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

I haven't done much roll hunting lately and hadn't been to my local banks for a bit (I don't go to them that often as it is). All of them gave me excuses why they couldn't order me coins for the past two weeks (These are the banks I belong to). The worst was today, I went in to one by my work and asked if they had any halves. The lady told me someone had just come in and bought them all. I noticed she had about 8 in her tray and right on the end was a silver kennedy. I asked her if I could just buy those then and she says, "I have a little boy that comes in so I need to keep some for him. Besides, I know there aren't any silver in these."

Luckily I have certain months that I travel for my job and that will be starting up soon so I can try some different banks.

jon12 likes this.
  16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

frustrating to see it in the tray and not being able to buy it.

NOS likes this.
  17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

frustrating to see it in here tray and not being able to buy it. she probably said that to buy it for herself. sounds like a line to me. I'd be like.... I want all of them now. lol

heuvy31 likes this.
  18. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Box of Halves: Skunk
    Box of Nickels: 34 pre1960, 1943P War, 1946S, 1955 plain!, 1957, 1958, 1959

19. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I know that some of the tellers I deal with save some stuff for themselves if they notice it - but others are just giddy to make my day and start hauling out the goodies as soon as they see me traipse in.

heuvy31 likes this.
  20. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

I'm with you spirtyoda and scottishmoney. I'm fine if she didn't want to sell them to me, but don't tell me there is no silver when there is one staring me in the face. I think it's just been frustrating not really being able to buy anything except for 5 or 10 rolls here and there. Still great to see the results everyone posts here, keeps my hopes up.

21. JohnV

JohnV Active Member

At work today: 1945 and 1948D Wheats.

Draft saved Draft deleted