Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Finally! My first silver in my 5th box of halves. 2nd to the last roll in the box, and I found a 40%. I had a dream 2 nights ago I'd find 3. Guess they must be in my next box. Just glad the streak is finally over...

2013-07-19 22.11.08.jpg 2013-07-19 22.11.17.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

so tell me .. do you have better luck with CWR's or BWR's ???

4. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I'd call my luck bad luck... LOL! But all the halves I get are BWR from Brinks... my bank rarely seems to have any other halves besides the ones I order weekly.

5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Box of nickels - 48-D, 48-S & 51-S. Only 3 keepers is disappointing, but the 51-S was a decent highlight.

6. Xanderkazzz

Xanderkazzz Member

$20 in halves found 14 40% no 90 s

7. Catfish4u

Catfish4u New Member

My last roll of halves was a skunk. I have searched 3 rolls and found 9 40% in the first, 1 40% in the 2nd and skunked in the 3rd. In a related note where do cointalker's sell most of their halves? I am wanting to buy some but did not see any in the classified section. What do those normally sell for?

8. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

You can post a wanted ad if you are looking to buy as well as browse the for sale section. Did you want to buy 90% or 40%? With the recent drop in silver spot, the prices have been all over. You can always check current melt values at coinflation.com

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Believe!!! not a silver search virgin no more. lol I forgot to take a pic of the ender that had a 1941 Canadian dime heads facing out. found 1 1941 Canadian and a 1950 in the same roll and a 1964 in the next roll. I feel like I just stole 3 pieces of candy from the candy store. lol I am totally hooked on dime roll searching now.

jun21 003.jpg jun21 002.jpg

10. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

3 boxes of halves - no silver, 14 2002 or later, 1 1992-s proof, and this, a Mt. Rushmore comm.
    MtRush0001.jpg MtRush-r0001.jpg

11. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #50 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #51 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #52 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #53 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #54 of Halves: 2-40%
    Box #55 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #56 of Halves: Skunk. Interesting this one. Out of box of BWR's one roll had 3 missing halves! And another roll in the box had one end manually crimped AND was missing a half. I think a bank owes me $2 or at least that Barber Ender that was swiped.
    Box #57 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #58 of Halves: 1-40%, 1-Benny.
    Box #59 of Halves: 4-40%
    Box #60 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #61 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #62 of Halves: 2-40%. That's my 100th 40% and my 198th silver half for the month. What a wonderful month this has been! 50 oz of silver so far!

Bambooski and Pi man like this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow what a next day from my last 3 silver dimes. Today 1 1963 rossie yahoo out of $100 in dimes. 2nd $100 a 2004 Canadian dime (not silver) :-(, 3rd hundred Skunk (as my girlfriend calls them Le Pewwwwwwww" lol on to the pics:

jun21 007.jpg jun21 005.jpg jun21 008.jpg jun21 009.jpg jun21 009.jpg

13. Golden Eagle

Golden Eagle Member

Got a clear box of dimes from the sniping bank. They can't snipe what they can't see!

Turned out to be yet another 1964. As if I didn't have enough of them on my blog already.

[​IMG]

spirityoda likes this.
  14. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow that's cool to see.

Rickipedia likes this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

get this... I went off to work today and my girlfriend exchanged that last skunk hundred in dimes for some new bank wrapped rolls. then instead of waiting for me to come home to help search thru 1/2 of them with her.... she calls me and leaves a message on my phone saying that she found a 1963 rossie in great shape. and that was on 16th roll lol then I called her back to open the rest of the rolls. she said she will exchange that hundred for another hundred tomorrow. she likes silver as much as I do. it's a great way to have a fun couples activity. I swear we are in a competion to see who gets more silver dimes. so far me 3 to her 1. I find the hunt so fun. there's still silver out there. ya just have to look thru alot of rolls. next paycheck I think I will go for $200 dimes to better the odds. lol

BCArthur likes this.
  16. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Your girlfriend searching coins - be careful, very very careful. You could have a monster of your own making. And if you think you are always going to find more than her, she will use her feminine wiles to outwit, outplay, and outlast you.:eek:

17. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #63 of Halves: 1-40%
    Box #64 of Halves: Skunk This was my 500th box all time.
    Box #65 of Halves: Skunk
    Box #66 of Halves: 10-40%, 3-90%. My 1000th silver coin! My 800th coin year to date! My 200th silver half for the month! Oh, and that was my 7th best box ever!

Pi man, immytay1 and Bambooski like this.
  18. immytay1

immytay1 Member

im getting a box a halves this afternoon will post my results when I am done searching

19. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am ok with her searching coins. actually I give her all the silver coins I find. and she is good about storing them in a special box. she loves hoarding it and not selling it. get this...when she got home from work today she came back from the bank and searched thru another recycled $100 in dimes. it was a skunk. glad she did not wake me up for that $100. now she's off to the bank to change that $100 in dimes for some new bank wrapped rolls. I will help search this $100 when she gets back. She used to be a cashier at walmart about 7 years ago. she had an impressive box of silver coins she found from the registers. still has them. I like that she hoarded them and will never sell them.

20. immytay1

immytay1 Member

searched that box of half dollars and found 1 1965, 1 1967, 1 1969D, and 1 1976 S Silver Half Dollar first one ever found and its in really great condition.

TaborTot22, Pi man and BCArthur like this.
  21. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

2 boxes of nickels - 38, 2x40-D, 40-S, 43-S, 44-P, 45-P, 47-S, 48-D, 51-D, 54-S & 57

Draft saved Draft deleted