Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Fade and others help???
    man this stinks, I have tryed brinks straight from the fed, all fed wrapped rolls in plastic except halves, NOTHING in over $4,000 in halves. My other bank uses loomis, And string and sons wrappers I think out of Rochester, Buffalo or maybe Syr, or another close town to me. In Central NY.
    I have not hit a drop of silver since last early Sep. No Dimes Nickles or Halves? probably $8,000 in halves. In Sep I picked 5 40% ers from the Loomis? $1,000 2 boxes. in dec I picked 2 bens from Customer wrapped at same bank,

I only have local CU for dumping and I have to do it very slow for it to count right. Yesterday I dumped $1,000 in halves and it went good so I went o the truck and got my bag with $1,000 more halves and $250.00 in dimes and walked back in and machine said it needed to be cleaned. I waited 20 min but the girl could not get it to work so I had to go to second branch in same town and dump the rest its a pain.

So I guess my question is I am fed up!! lol pun intended I love to do this but it seems lately all my coins must be bad coin machine dumps and marked coins. No CWH about I have my one local bank saving all for me and others always say no I think someone else is getting them before me.
    It seems like a hassle more than a love? should I keep plugging? lay off for a while Or what? I am getting very discuraged!!
    THAKS JON

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

Keep going every dog gets its a bone

4. pballer225

pballer225 Member

8 more boxes of halves, about $60 worth of NIFC, no silver. :( If my next 10 boxes don't have silver I'm going to take a break for a few months, this is just ridiculous now.

5. wkw427

wkw427 Member

Went through $35 in dimes and $20 in nickles at work.

Dimes were skunk
    Nickles..

1x 42 war nickel
    1x 1940
    1x 1941
    1x 1953
    and an AMAZINGLY toned 89 and 96

Going to exchange them for more during lunch :D

6. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Another Box of Halves: another Skunk

That's the 11th skunk in a row for Halves. :(

7. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Sell all those NIFCs and it will make up for the absence of silver. You'd be surprised what some people are willing to pay for them :D

8. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Guys this is not my first rodeo!! I have a $2,000 to $3,000 dollar emergency account for house and home I borrow off to search. Then put back the same day I turn in coins till someone orders for me again. I have been roll searching for about 5 to 7 years I guess and was finding good stuff for about 6 years before that. I am not a fade or one of the big guys but I have found close to 120 40% silvers around 17 90%ers and probably 77 dimes and 6 or so war nickles. Maybe more that I have forgot about oh I have found around 8 silver quarters also. So I do not do extremely well but have fun when I find $5.00 or $12.00 or more in a box for free. and its a love . I find way more error coins and coins worth .60 through ?? who knows while doing this and a lot of proofs also. I see it as a vacation fund or cruise or **** maybe a supplement to retirement but my SDB fee's are getting high for not finding anything. Do you think its because of silver being higher for this amount of years and everyone is searching? Man I just heard the other day about a lady that brought in 2 rolls of halves to a gas station for gas and the attended said that he told the lady she may have more money if she took them to the local pawn but she did not have time so he said OK and had himself a nice bunch of silver at the end of the day. So they are still being spent. Stolen, and turned in. So why are they not in the boxes??? I mean hey like $6,000 dollars in coins 12,000 coins and no silver what so ever????? Something is wrong here I believe.
    JON

9. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I've been through $4000 with no silver, then get 1 x 40% and back to $4000 with no silver again. It'll come, you just must have a high volume searcher dumping in your supply and it's messing you up. Pick up in bigger batches if you can. 4 boxes at a time, something like that. Or search some dimes. I have a fool proof way of finding silver dimes if you want to know.
    HOTN

10. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

I am probably not the one to answer your questions as I am fairly new to this, but I went through $4,500 recently without silver (halves - 9 boxes). My 10th and 11th finally produced. Dang...$6000, that's very frustrating. I'd say as time goes on, we will see less and less as the silver is pulled from circulation. However, there still out there and doing a high volume like Fade..., will produce a lot more (obviously). I wish I had the time or speed to go through as many boxes as Fade. I wish you good luck abuckma...if you decide to push through your dry spell.

Edit: Also, dimes have depressed me lately...about $1800 searched with nothing to show for it...but that just make finding a keeper all the more worth it!!! :) Each and everyone of us will have our day/s!

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Box of dimes on Wednesday - 2 silver, one 1946-S(it was bottoms up on the end of a roll and I saw that sweet S taunting me to open that roll first!) and a 1963. Four rolls of nickels, not much, but did find a 1945-D War Baby - I always like finding wars and especially D's. I have to go back and buy a box of nickels later when I feel like trying out the roads.

12. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

I tend to search more dimes, can I some advice? :halo: <----(I'm an angel :D)

13. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

2 boxes of halves - 1 x 40 % each
    meh
    HOTN

14. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

Box of halfs 4 :) 64,2>66,65 my first90% of the year

15. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

So I finished up my last box of cents and came out with a whopping 3 wheats(57d, 58d, and an almost pristine 58 which is my nicest ever find) and 6 canadians. That is dismal. I usually average about 10-14 wheats per box. My last 2 boxes only came out to 13. I'm going to open an account at a different CU tomorrow morning and hopefully get some decent stuff. Now it's time to go unroll 2 boxes worth of 2012P nickels so I can dump them in the morning. Ugh.

16. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Where I live, there are few coin counters at banks. All turned in by roll or bag. In your area with counters, will they really not accept bwr of coin. They are "sealed". Just wondering.

7 rolls of quarters... nothing

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

My CU won't take them back if they are wrapped. I guess it's easier for them to turn in bags of loose coins to whoever services the machine than it is to take the rolls back into their vault and sit on them until they get used up.

18. wkw427

wkw427 Member

$35 more dimes and $18 nickles

Got a 27 buffalo :)

19. pocketdealer

pocketdealer New Member

Try some big banks like boa if you can't get any from your credit unions and smaller banks.

20. pocketdealer

pocketdealer New Member

Keep truckin, the small things add up!!

21. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Remember that bank I mentioned a few posts back that was right between my two good boxes of halves on Wednesday? Well, I picked up those six boxes, started peeking through the holes, and enders galore... spotted 7 in one box, 2 in another, 1 in 2 others... Ripped open the best one (and recorded it, I'll post it later) and counted 13, yeah, 13 enders. Pretty sure that will be my third dream box. I'm going to record myself opening the whole box and post it here for your enjoyment. :)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted