Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Box 2 of halves - 1968
    $195 in dimes - 1964
    I was hoping for better, maybe the snow storm will bring me some silver.
    HOTN

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. simpsonfan2

simpsonfan2 New Member

That's odd. I have an account at PNC, went in asked for halves, the teller said a guy had just asked for them, but didn't have an account. So I got them. $220, about half were 1964, other half were Franklins, about twenty Walking Liberty, and 3 Barber.

Ha-ha, just kidding. But I wish.

Today's results:

$7 Pennies: 113 copper, a dime, 1 Canadian, 1955D, 1957D

$32 Nickles: 1940P, 1941S, 1947D, 1947P, 1954P, 2 X 1954S, 2 X 1956P, 2 X Paraguay 100 GUARANIES.

$40 Dimes: Skunk.

$460 Quarters: Skunk.

$5.50 Half dollars: 2 X 1967, 1968D.

$83 Dollars, not Ike: Skunk.

4. simpsonfan2

simpsonfan2 New Member

Wait a while just to be sure they don't find the error, and ask for you to pay it back. If not just buy coins, search, and dump them, but in some charity coin jars to ease your guilt.

5. simpsonfan2

simpsonfan2 New Member

If you roll search in Canada, how much of our USA coins do you run across? I usually find a couple of yours each time.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

What are you replying to?

I find many many Canadian roll searching, mostly cents. And I'm 30 or so minutes away from the bridge. So I imagine it'd be about the same across the border. Close to the States, and you find a good amount, further away, and you find fewer. But with the exchange rate so close, you're going to find both on either sides.
    Around here, nobody looks twice at a Canadian coin, even quarters.

7. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

Here's a pic of my first ender from the other day...can't believe it was a Walker!! 2013-02-05_16-46-46_780.jpg

8. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

That box of halves had no silver

9. Found 2 1968's & 1967 in $150 worth of halves! My first silver after searching over $1,200 in halves!

10. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

13 boxes of halves today... 1 '48 XF franklin, 3 '64, one of which is a double-heads coin (cool!), a 1993 Madison commem, 90% silver, 10 40%, and a 2007-S.

12 more boxes tomorrow, all Garda. Dumped Loomis boxes today, no more of those for me... Oh, that Ike bag had $1015 in it, nice! Makes up for being $7 short on the prior bag.

11. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

Very NICE!!! I've been waiting for one of those from a roll...WL & an WL ender

12. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

Sweet results Fade!!! :) ...I love getting those commem. Is the double headed silver?

My results tonight

Halves:
    Box #1 - 90%-1 (1960 Franklin), 40%-2

13. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

I'm pretty sure the double header is silver. Looks like a '64 that had the reverse machined out, and the obverse of another '64 soldered in or something. You can kind of see a seam if you use a 15x loupe and look close... it's very, very well done. It doesn't ring like a 90%er or a 40%er or anything, sounds like my other magicians coins... but it's toned just like silver and I seriously doubt somebody would make a fake just to have the '64 date.

EDIT: Wow one of my pickup banks was robbed on Monday! I didn't realize this... I'll have to bring them some goodies next week.

Double Edit: Attempted robbery by an unarmed suspect. Hm. I know the teller that was involved, too.

14. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

How do you rob a bank unarmed? Isn't the whole point to scare the teller with a weapon and get the money???
    BTW nice find with the double sided '64!

15. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Box of Nickels last night:
    46 pre-1960, 5 Buffs (4 dateless, 1920), 2009P, 1943-P War, 1942D (non-War).

Also, while getting my wife a Shamrock Shake at McDonalds last night, I received a BU 1956D wheat penny in change. :)

16. sjlund

sjlund Member

"I have a gun in my coat pocket" or "I have a bomb on my chest" without ever revealing it, or even just passing a note to the teller demanding money. Most banks are trained to just comply and set the alarm off after you leave the building.

17. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

2 boxes of dimes - 3 roosies, plus my teller was holding a '64D quarter for me.

18. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

Box of nickels: 1 war 43p
    Box of halves: skunk

19. pballer225

pballer225 Member

Nice, those old nickels are really getting harder to find.

20. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

You may have your house downpayment right there, Fade!! Had a neighbor find a double headed qtr back about 30 years ago and it went for $24K. Can we get a peek? (as if we could tell).

21. BCArthur

BCArthur Active Member

Box #1 of Nickels: Skunk
    Box #2 of Nickels: 2 war (43 and 45), 1 nice 1936 Buff, a 1994S proof (My first and had to look up whether it is silver or not. It isn't), and four foreign (2 canadians, 1 united arab emerites Octogon coin, and 1 from singapore)
    I also finally completed my set from 1960-2012 with a 2009P find! My set may run older because I don't sort any of my pre-1960 nickels.

Draft saved Draft deleted