Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

Box #1 nickels: 2 wars 42 p and s
    Box #2 nickels: no wars but a 1908 V!

Question - When you guys get the clear plastic wrapped dime rolls do you open all of them or just scan for the obvious silver? I've been just scanning the rolls but after seeing HON's last post I'm wondering if I'm missing some silver that may be stained like the examples in his picture.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sjlund

sjlund Member

I'd say if it's stained and you can't see the copper layer, open up the roll. I wouldn't open up all of the clear rolls either. In his picture, even the dirty dime sticks out to me.

4. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

Like sjlund said just scan and if the copper layer is not showing then just double check, I found my 45 merc proof by double checking the dirty ones.

My rolls so far today

$250.00 box of cwr dimes
    1 64d roosie

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Got $50 in clear wraps and those were skunk. Went and traded those at the bank I scored at yesterday for some more rolls that looked like the ones that produced yesterday, those $50 were dry. Oh well. I know it's early in the year but CWR I feel are producing double or triple what BWR dimes are producing. If the stars align, I'll have halves $500, $1000, & $1000 to pick up to finish out the week.

HOTN

6. Hellofthenorth

I've found 21 silver dimes in $950 of CWR. I've found 11 silvers in the remaining $2600 BWR that I searched. Geez, 1 per box in the BWR, over 5 per box in the CWR.

7. wazzappenning

wazzappenning Member

if thats not bad enough, i think roll searching in canada is pretty well done for silver anyways. you might find a recent error coin, but i fear thats about it. the government has been sorting the coins it gets back and replacing all the nickle/copper with plated steel for quite a few years now. i remeber a handfull of change having some nickle in it maybe 5 years ago. now its all steel plated. your lucky if you find anything older than the 2000's.

oh well, if i dont complete my canadian cents wish list, i guess ill have to load the van up with them the next time i visit the states...(to find canadian cents...lol).

8. jlaramie

jlaramie New Member

Hahaha...much better than me. Moving over to CWR's. Thanks for the info Hellof...

9. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Upgrades for my dansco's.

10. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

Lol there is a law I heard of you cant take more then like 100 dollars or so over any country lines

11. Hheat

Hheat Member

Picked up a box of pennies today. Got home, all brand new 2012 shields! Skunked!

12. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That happened to me with 2 boxes of pennies and 6 boxes of nickels last month. Better luck next time.

13. clorox

clorox Member

Two boxes of halves: Nothing. Also got a letter from one of my banks saying I had to contact a "compliance officer." She said that because I might be in violation of federal regulations they might have to close my account. When I asked which regulations she was referring to, she couldn't tell me...

14. donwonbob

donwonbob Member

Clorox, thats sounds fishy to me. Its your money I dont see why they could do or even really say anything to you.
    1-box of nickels today. 2 war nickels

15. Big-Greek

Big-Greek Active Member

$150 in halves from the bank that said it will always have a box of halves on hand produced my first ender.....43 Walker:D, 1 90%, and 1 40%. Made my day!!

Got another box of nickels, not sure if I'll get to them tonight.

16. Hellofthenorth

Clorox, let us know how it goes. I think they might be using scare tactics. There is nothing wrong with hunting rolls for circulation finds. You are not laundering money as you are not trying to deceive anyone. Sure you ate trading FRN's for coins but there is nothing wrong with that.
    HOTN

17. sjlund

sjlund Member

One box of dimes, one '64 roosie. One more and I'll complete this roll - hopefully I find two on my next hunt, I hate not having a roll started!

18. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$40 BWR/CWR nickels - 41-D, 49-S, 57 & 2x59

19. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

id love to see if theres a paralell universe where i could order a box of halves and have every single roll be a roll 90% silver coins. or even 40% silver coins

20. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

$470 dimes - 5 roosies

21. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Yeah...it's called 1964.

Draft saved Draft deleted