Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

[​IMG]

Quite satisfied with $100 for a coin I paid $0.50 for. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mhenryfishing

mhenryfishing Member

200x face is a heck of a find!

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

so, what did you find?

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I'll have to post a picture later, the rolls were heavy in copper and I found a 1919 and a decent amount of 40s and 50s wheats including several S mints. But the kicker was finding a 131 year old IHC, looked like Billy the Kid may have used it for target practice - but finding an 1882 dated IHC in a roll breaks the old record from last March of an 1889 IHC. And to think I only bought the cents as a second thought.

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Went for my Saturday morning pick up of dollars and quarters. They only had one roll of dollars, nothing I needed. Missing 2 D's for the set sucks. I got $150 of CWR quarters, no silver but I did get $6.50 in ATB quarters including a nice Hawaii and 4 Denali. Unfortunately none of the ATB's were the 2 I need. Sometimes it sucks being so close to Philly. I am inundated with P coins and am having a beast of a time filling up my D side.

7. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Haha I rarely find anything newish from Denver. The tragedy of living 30 minutes from the mint.

8. mhenryfishing

mhenryfishing Member

just picked up a box of nickels and a box of cents for monday since the banks will be closed. leaving tonite for a fishing tournament so I wont get to hunt tonite or tomorrow, but i just had to break open the brinks boxes and peek in looking for enders.

no enders in the cent box, but the third roll I picked up in the nickel box has a War ender!!!! this is my first war ender. now I'm anxious to look through them all! I havent checked the other 47 rolls for enders yet

Attached Files:

9. clorox

clorox Member

Living much farther from one than the other isn't too great either: It takes months and months for Philly coins to get out here, and when they eventually do they're rarely in nice shape. And the SF Fed isn't exactly stingy with its coin and currency orders. The amount of 2011 D and 2012 D coins and 12th district notes in local circulation is insane.

And that makes me wonder, has anyone reported trying roll hunting in any of the non-contiguous states or territories? Makes me want to take a trip to San Juan...

10. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

So I'm sitting in a TD Bank and the coin machine eats halves as they get stuck in the tube. They banged on the machine and about 20 of them pop out. So they tell me the machine does not accept them well and they just roll them for the customers. I ask if they have any rolled and they have $288.50 in the vault but I have to wait 15 minutes for the vault to be opened. I really hope thy are not re wraps. They need to be loaded with tons of silver!

11. ed221

ed221 Member

Box of dimes- skunk
    Only thing I found was a grind down wheat penny. I'm guessing they try to make it a dime. It's my 2nd ground down wheat penny, both are a 52d penny.

12. ed221

ed221 Member

Here is Pic of both of them.

Attached Files:

13. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

box of dimes: 1 roosie

box of nickels: 1929 buff (G), and a 1943-S war

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

congrats!

15. indyronnie

indyronnie New Member

$100.00 dimes

Skunko. But there were$1.50 in extra dimes so not to bad

16. Goodwin83

Goodwin83 Active Member

Well no first time full box of halves luck for me----box of halves-skunk

17. bigstoff

bigstoff Active Member

27 loose halfs skunked
    60 CWR dimes 1,54
    10 quarter skunked lol

18. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

I should have got coins today since banks are closed Monday but could not get out of bed :(

19. ed221

ed221 Member

There is always TD bank that you can go to get some coins on sunday.

20. sjlund

sjlund Member

Call around before giving up, not all banks are closed on MLK day.

21. ed221

ed221 Member

I know what you mean, I live about 45 mins from Philly Mint.

Draft saved Draft deleted