Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

This one is def not BU. I would say somewhere around VF-XF.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sportpak

sportpak Member

2ed ever box of dimes, third to last roll gave me a 61 roosie.

4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I bet you've made some extra money from those CWR rolls and I'm not just talking about from the silver dimes. It's pretty common to find overfilled rolls of CWR dimes. Overfilled rolls tend to come in groups when they're from the same person who rolled them. I found a roll last month that had five extra dimes inside of it. If, for example, I found 100 rolls that were overfilled by that much it would be $50 extra just from people not knowing how to count or roll properly.

If someone told that to me I would have told them to cite the statute that makes it illegal. I would have then immediately reported this individual for lying and intimidation.

5. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

He pointed out that it's technically money laundering, which is true... but I have nothing to hide and I'm not doing it with intentions of deceiving. He went on a quick tangent about the Patriot Act, so I let him spew his crap for 3 minutes, then told him I've been doing this for quite a while and have never had so much as a visit from law enforcement, and that he could feel free to call any law agency and have them pay me a visit at the address listed on my account. Shut him up...

6. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

$470 BWR halves - skunk
    $150 CWR dimes - '47, '64 (x2)

7. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

No just regular Ike's, but I was still happy. :eek:) About to post a picture..

Erin

8. ed221

ed221 Member

$150 in quarters- skunk

box of nickel- skunk
    35 pre 1960's
    1 1942 reg nickel, such a tease...
    not 1 2009, i still need them for my folder set.

9. Aggiecollector

Thanks! Yeah not been doing much at all as dried up for the most part in my area. Been having better luck with dimes here and there.

Erin

10. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 Nothing

How is it money laundering

11. Aggiecollector

For the record, your finds and volume make me so jealous! LOL

Erin

12. Aggiecollector

Here is the picture of the 4 dimes I found and the other coins the teller saved me yesterday. Nowadays I get more from my tellers than anywhere else it seems.

photo[1].JPG

Erin

13. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Money laundering is simply taking money, changing its form, and then turning it back into cash. So you could launder money by buying silver and then flipping it either at a loss or a profit, that's laundering... I "launder" money by buying boxes of coins and dumping them for cash later... it's a stretch, but the cycle of cash to coin is essentially laundering of money... Part of the definition of money laundering is missing from what we do, though, and that is the stipulation that the money was attained by illicit means. CRH'ing isn't illicit, but it's somewhat shady and definitely not something the common person does or understands.

I'm jealous of how long you've been at it!

14. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Update from the $600 in dimes. The first half produced 10 silvers and the second half....only 2 Roosies. Total of 12 silvers. Way above average but I found most of the good stuff on the front end.

Then went to dump $500 on WF. A new teller who was clueless was cashing me out so he called his manager. She started to ask why so many so I told her I collect coins and I drop off the ones I don't want with them because they won't order for me. Well all of a sudden now she can order he half dollars. I have her my name an number and told me to call me when they get my order in. We will see how it goes.

Either the dimes were short or the machine counted wrong. I only got back 597.60. Not worried because I got some Canadian and I got some US and I got another silver roosie.
    13 total for the day, not bad at all.
    Also got a bicent Q that looks plated.
    HOTN

15. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Some Bicents Q's were silver.

$500 in dimes one of my pickups had bagged to ship out; 1 roosie, 1 merc. Both very, very dirty. Betting they search while dumping into bags and just missed these two.

16. clorox

clorox Member

Two boxes and $20 CWR halves: Nothing

17. simpsonfan2

simpsonfan2 New Member

Today's results:

$4 Pennies: 62 copper, 1 Canadian.

$20 Nickles: Skunk.

$40 Dimes: 1956D.

$100 Quarters: Skunk.

18. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

From roll searching, I have collected about $50-60 worth of pre-1960 nickels (not counting War Nicks) over the last 4-5 months and have been REALLY lucky with finding people to buy them. And, I have been able to sell them for $0.10 per coin, too. So, I essentially doubled my money. I doubt if I will find buyers everytime I try to sell, but I've been lucky so far. I've put ads on craigslist, the For Sale section of this site and called/texted around to various local people that I know collect coins. There's always a bite out there if you're patient. If not, just cash them in for face value. No loss.

19. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

One in a while I pick up some hours at my old job after my actual job to make a few extra bucks. Well I worked there tonight for a few hours and found a 1958d Roosevelt in the register so I was pretty happy about that.

20. mhenryfishing

mhenryfishing Member

Just got thru with my first ever box of nickels. The first half was good with old coins, but once i hit half way i didnt find anything earlier than 1964 until the last row when I found my first ever Buff!!! Needless to say it was a good box!!

(1) 1930-p Buffalo
    (2) 1945-d Wars

(1) 1938, (2) 1939, (1) 1940, (1) 1941-d, (1) 1946, (1) 1948, (2) 1951, (2) 1952, (1) 1953, (1) 1953-d, (1) 1955-d, (1) 1956, (2) 1956-d, (1) 1957, (2) 1957-d, (4) 1958-d, (2) 1959-d

21. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

I figure that's what I could .10 each for them which I would be happy with. I just need to get enough to make it worth it. So far I have only about $10 worth.

Draft saved Draft deleted