Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Rosie's are rosevelt dimes that are silver, pre 65, and Mercs are mercury dimes, bwr is bank wrapped roll, and cwr is costomer wrapped rolls

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Oh, and wheaties are 1958 and before wheat back cents, a walker is a walking liberty half

4. thecoin

thecoin New Member

NIFC, not intended for circulation half, 2002 or newer, 1982/3, and a few others

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Alot of work went into this, it will be all you need to get started....http://www.cointalk.com/t202337/
    HOTN

6. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Grabbed $200 in BWR halves and got nothing. Going to drive around my area Saturday and hit up all of the banks and try to find something good.

7. clorox

clorox Member

Two boxes of halves: One 40% and $1 extra

8. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

dimes today
    box 1 - '61
    boxes 2,3,4 - skunk

9. lakerguy5

lakerguy5 New Member

Seeing how fun roll hunting looked I have gone to two different banks and gotten $5 in pennies and $4 in nickels the last two days. I've found 4 wheat pennies and 1 1943 Nickel so far. I'm going to start calling banks to see where I can cash in the rolls I've gone through so I dont end up with a huge pile of coins lol.

10. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Box of nickels;

'43 P, XF, in first roll... Not bad. 46 skunk rolls later, '44-D. Not a bad box, but kind of a letdown.

11. lakerguy5

lakerguy5 New Member

I feel like a newb asking but how do you all get so many boxes of rolls? When I got $6 worth of pennies from my local bank today they kinda looked at me funny like why would I need so many pennies.

12. n00b

n00b New Member

When i went to my bank and asked for $1000 in halves i told them i was trying to get my daughter interested in collecting / filling a book with different dates and they thought it was cool... ask them about their kids, be polite and take an interested in them and try to work with the same tellers every time you go in. Whenever I go to the bank now they ask me what i found and make sure i want my usual amount for the week. my bank even asked me if i wanted the coin bags to bring them back to them! I declined and take them to a branch on the other side of town where i work to avoid getting the same ones i looked at the week prior.

13. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

$20 CWR nickels - two war nickels - 44-P and 45-P, which is above average for a relatively small volume.

14. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Two boxes of dimes - 4 Mercs (all '40s), 3 roosies

15. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

I use a lot of banks and have accounts at almost all of them. Plus, I have built a network of banks/tellers that expect me, so they order extra for me. Makes it easy.

16. Hellofthenorth

Ouch! I hate that. I think $1750 in dimes is my longest skunk streak. Halves, maybe 10 boxes in a row.
    HOTN

17. Hellofthenorth

More likely than not this has been built over months or years. It takes time to teach the tellers your needs and find limits so you don't get them all angry with you and get cut off. There is no way a year ago I would be able to do the volume I do now. As FTB said, they expect me on a weekly basis while I make my rounds. WF started charging me $5 month, so I found another dump bank!
    HOTN

18. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Gotta get off my butt and dump during my lunch, first time using bags... then going to pick up 2 boxes. Will bag that and dump it tonight, before picking up 2 more boxes and dumping a whole bunch of dimes/nickels I have laying around. Also hoping to get to my SDB tonight and pull my remaining stash of 40% silver to sell tomorrow. With the increased volume, I'm gonna start selling my 40% every month as long as silver stays north of 28.50 an oz. I'll work as we go if it dips under that.

Tomorrow, I have 12 boxes, I think, to pick up, search, and dump.

19. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

8 Boxes of halves last week 8 Skunks. Getting 6 boxes this week hoping for better results.

20. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

FadeToBlack.. you usually sell your 40%ers? and how come, just have too many?

21. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Customer dumped $63 in silver last week at bank in town the teller working saves silver so she bought it all, if only my daughter had been working that day. :"(

Draft saved Draft deleted