Roll hunting for errors.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by alurid, Jul 23, 2021.

1. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a partial roll of 1957 BU cents at my LCS.
    I found these 4 coins with a nice pronounced Die Cracks on Abe's head, and a small die chip above and between the B & E of Liberty.

head crack (1).jpg head crack (2).jpg head crack (3).jpg head crack (4).jpg chip (1).jpg chip (2).jpg chip (3).jpg chip (4).jpg

Its been great fun and educational finding these. This is what the truer color looks like for most all of this roll.
    tone (2).jpg tone (1).jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

Damn I feel like I don’t know what the errors are. I grab certain years. I did find some epic coppers but I feel strongly towards 1995.1982,1993,1992,2001, 1985,1988. I can’t find an error except off center. I look at each year so that’s a die crack ok.

4. Zorrbabe

I found one a 1958 that color I think I uploaded it. I packaged it out to send to someone. I find a lot of canadiens

5. Zorrbabe

I have a lot of BU pennies omg their coin shortage bullshit for 10$ in penniessnd 4 rolls of dimes. They just have to pay for federal reserve I said ok I’ll pay I get it honesty is nice

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Very nice. Obvious that they came from the same die. I found similar issues with mint rolls from the 50's and 60's that I had set back.

alurid likes this.
  7. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Did they use this guy as a model? talosian keeper.jpg

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice die cracks and that’s the smallest die chip I think I’ve ever seen. Definitely the start of a BIE error.

alurid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted