Roll Hunting finds for 2016 1/4$'s minus the DDO Bicentennial 1/4$ I found.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by ACoinJob, Jan 22, 2017.

1. ACoinJob

ACoinJob There are still some out there to be had.

Honest to goodness finds of 2016. The scans took away from the size of the actual images, but I had to shrink them down to fit on the same page with typed introductions with 2017 prices.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

where's a pic ?

ACoinJob likes this.
  4. ACoinJob

Prices are directly from 2017 RED BOOK by R.S. Yeoman, 70th Edition, page 431 of MISSTRIKES AND ERRORS. These specimens are not for sale. The double ears on the 94-P, and 97-P are under a 25X powered pen microscope. So is the Double chin/double kisser profile with a double nose. Will gladly show scans of any of them, just ask which 1 please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  5. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

neck blobs on a harper's ferry $500?? thanks for the laugh, LOL LOL LOL

ACoinJob likes this.
  6. ACoinJob

It's a DDR as stated in the Misstrikes & Errors page in the RED BOOK. Not laughing.

7. ACoinJob

I have (8) of them, but which one would you like close ups of, and by which means; 600 dpi scans or 25X powered microscope & 8.1 megapixel camera shots? Choices for this discussion would be: The same ones in my avatar photo or profile photo. Not making this up.

8. ACoinJob

2016-DDR-H-Ferry-Neck-Blobs-600dpi.png
    The Designer's initials on the obverse, is over laid with blobs of metal, making the initials look like a porterhouse T-Bone Steak (bone). You can window in, but the blurriness isn't as clear as the 25X slides. The underlined in RED "Statehood" selection. REDBOOK-misstrikes-errors-pages-2.png REDBOOK-misstrikes-errors-pages-2.png 2016-DDR-H-Ferry-Neck-Blobs-600dpi.png REDBOOK-misstrikes-errors-pages-2.png 2016-DDR-H-Ferry-Neck-Blobs-600dpi.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  9. ACoinJob

Here's you a 25X closeup of it, just the designers initials & neck blobs. PICT0073.JPG

10. bryantallard

it's a ddr not a multiple strike. this is a multi-struck coin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    ACoinJob likes this.
  11. bryantallard

extremely minor die break. known as a die chip. that page also shows off center state quarters as $85 when they only sell for $10-$15 for the most part.

ACoinJob likes this.
  12. ACoinJob

Very true.

13. ACoinJob

The lettering on the reverse is doubled at the top edges of the lettering of HARPER'S FERRY. Want to see close ups?

14. ACoinJob

Off center multiple struck coin, lol. Thank you for sharing.

15. bryantallard

nope that's ok. it's not a ddr in the letters. not possible with incuse letters per JW.

ACoinJob likes this.
  16. ACoinJob

If not DDR, or multiple struck, does "incuse" stretched and has over shot letters on purpose or of lamination defect? I heard from a fellow coin collector in another group the lamination is or causes stretched numbers directly caused by blobs of metal (flashing in the injection mold industry) but little pieces of metal peeling off the surfaces get attached to the surfaces of other coins. If neither DDR or multiple struck, would you agree with a "Lamination Defect" ?

Draft saved Draft deleted