Roll call - Hartford CT Coin Show - July 15, 2018

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Collect89, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Ancientnoob & collect89 are car pooling to the coin show in Cromwell Connecticut this Sunday. If any other cointalkers are attending, let us know by PM & post here. It would be cool to meet you.

HARTFORD COIN
    &
    CURRENCY SHOW
    THIS SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2018
    9AM - 3PM
    COURTYARD MARRIOTT
    4 SEBETHE DRIVE
    CROMWELL, CT

Corinth Drachm Collage.jpg
    CORINTHIA, Corinth
    AR Drachm
    Late 4th Century B.C.

2.6 grams, 14.5 mm
    Obv: Pegasos flying left, koppa below
    Rev: Head of Aphrodite left, hair in a
    sakkos, delta in front, iota behind.
    Grade: gF toned
    Other: Older references identify the head as Nymph Peirene. Corinth mint. From Bedford Coins May 2013

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

Do many dealers in ancient coins attend?

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  4. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I wish I had known sooner. I’m only about an hour and a half away. I’ll have to check-in with the wife and see if she wouldn’t mind me taking off for the day. I had planned to go to the shooting range but I’d rather hit the show if it is one you all recommend.

5. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Sorry I am a little late getting back to this thread. We spent Saturday at the Westover ARB airshow. There were many C-5 transports, F-17, advanced tactical fighter, F 22, Apache helicopter, Blackhawk helicopter, P51 mustang, Mitsubishi zero, spitfire, blue angels, etc. etc. there were many stunt planes and sky divers. I think that a B1B flew by while I was using the Porta potty. I only heard the announcer and the very impressive roar of its engines.

There may be 2-3 ancient coin dealers at the Hartford coin show tomorrow. Mike of Eye Appealing coins is always there & sometimes we see some national dealers like Pegasi. There are always enough ancient coins and enough fun at the Hartford show to attract Ancientnoob and me. If anyone is attending please send us a PM with your cell phone number.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  6. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Ancientnoob & collect89 found some ancient goodies at the Hartford show. Here are four ancient coins which I gleaned from the show. I'll post more photos & details in subsequent thread(s).
    Attalos I Obverse.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    photo10.JPG
    photo 5.JPG

NLL, Ancientnoob, chrsmat71 and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted