Robert E Lee Medal ? .999 silver

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by MKent, Jul 1, 2016.

1. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG

I know Google is my friend. Well I can't find this on Google or eBay, I did find the Grant version on Google and the Lee in bronze or copper but not silver. I would like any information on these you can share. I bought it because it was cool and an anniversary piece from the Civil War not to mention .999 silver. And $20 bucks didn't break me. Thanks for the help.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Any numbers or hallmarks on the rim? made by Wahl in 1962 do a company search go from there.

4. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

It's a collector coin. I have a similar one 22kt plated. I've had it for years don't remember where from. (PCS maybe?)?

5. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

I didn't see the Wahl co. on the bottom on yours til I saw Paddy's comment. Thought they made hair cutting stuff, guess keepsakes aswell .

MKent likes this.
  6. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Tried that all I could find was the same medal in Bronze but nothing in silver

7. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Here's the Bronze one I got this picture off Google but no info unless I want to join some website for a fee. bronze REL.jpe

8. Paddy54

Wahl made medals for quite some time, I had a .999 medal around 3 inches in dia. Of Gatling the maker of the Gatling gun. It was marked on the rim .

9. Paddy54

10. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

It's a pretty cool piece IMHO and for now unique LOL. Maybe somebody will recognize it.

11. Paddy54

Search e bay for Wahl medals
    If I am correct I believe that Wahl made presentation items during the early sixties .

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  12. Paddy54

That medal is on e bay now for sale " not mine" It was almost 4 ounces of silver and when silver went up it went by by.....

MKent likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted