WTB: Risque medals / Brass Check Tokens

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by GeorgeM, Jun 19, 2015.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

I'm looking for any & all risque tokens and red light redeemables for a catalog I'm assembling of such items. If you're not interested in selling your items but would be willing to provide pictures along with diameter, weight, and any available back history, I'm also interested in those details.

Many of these come in the form of shellcards (that is, thin copper or bronze shells pressed around cardboard cores) and often have a woman's face on one side. France was especially prolific, and a common legend is "Arts d' Agreement". Specific items I'm looking for include:

*Any token with "Maison" on it that can't be attributed to a 'reputable' profession

*Any token with the legend "Mme" or "Mdm" followed by a woman's name (ie; "Mme Raquel").

*Any token with the obverse of a 20 franc (Angel reading a tablet), but done in copper or bronze, with a street address on the reverse.

*Dance hall tokens (especially "good for one dance" or "bon pour une danse" varieties)

*Silver strikes from Nevada with a Bordello theme

*Modern tokens & paper currency associated with peepshows, adult book/video stores, & strip clubs

Attached are some samples of what I'm looking for.

**I am not looking for the modern fantasy pieces produced from 1950-today. For more details on those, I suggest reading this:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business...one-screw-a-history-of-brothel-tokens/283915/

Attached Files: