RIP Clembo

Discussion in 'Memoriam' started by clembo, Feb 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you and your family. R.I.P. Clembo.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

This was Dan's home on the web. You were so important to him that he figured out how to access the forums from his smartphone when he was in the hospital. He could barely handle texting, but he learned to post here just because he missed y'all that much! ;) He made sure to tell me to keep y'all informed when he couldn't be here.

The outpouring of responses tells me how much you appreciated him and that goes a long way to making things a bit easier. Thanks for sharing your best wishes for me, Tink and the rest of the family!

4. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Dan was one of the guys that I wanted to meet and never got the opportunity. He was a very polarizing guy and always took the time to try and explain things in a way that others would understand. We shall meet on the other side my friend.

CoinJockey73, ZoidMeister and clembo like this.
  5. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Clembo will be sadly missed, and we hope you have support as a member of our extended family who would be here for you. Thanks for your considerate sharing efforts.

May your God watch over you/yours. Rich

6. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

My condolences on your loss.

7. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this. My condolences.

clembo, CoinJockey73 and ZoidMeister like this.
  8. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Sad to hear this. Mrs C, you and your family and all the friends are in my thoughts and prayers today.

clembo and CoinJockey73 like this.
  9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Sad to hear this. He will be greatly missed. He was universally loved on CT. That is a rare thing.

Vess1, green18, clembo and 1 other person like this.
  10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Clembo and I joined the forum roughly the same time more than a decade ago, I really enjoyed his posts and bantered back and forth with him about sundry numismatic subjects.

Wishing your family best wishes during this difficult time in your lives.

clembo and CoinJockey73 like this.
  11. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Dear Mrs Clembo, I'm just hearing about Dan's passing. I had the pleasure of commiserating with Dan through not only coins but food. He was a one of a kind, outside the box foodie. We enjoyed and shared lots of recipes, and his trips to the markdown section of the supermarket where he'd share his daily 'almost free' scores of groceries.

Dan will be missed.

Rest In Peace Dan

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I will add this about Dan.........he was the first person to ever send me a birthday greeting way back when I first joined up here. That greeting went 'miles' making me feel welcome in the community here. He was always doing stuff like that to make people feel good about themselves, and boy I needed it back then.

13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Sorry that I am late.
    Please find some solace that he was liked and respected.

Kasia, JPD3, SensibleSal66 and 3 others like this.
  14. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I just saw this and I am saddened to hear the news. Clembo was one of the bright spots of this community. RIP my friend.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  15. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Really sad to hear that. RIP.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  16. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

RIP old buddy.

When I first started posting here, Clembo surmised we were local and invited me by the shop. I would stop by from time to time and he always had something to show me or to chat about. Good man- he will be missed.

17. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

Sorry for your loss ma'am. Thanks for letting everyone know.

I don't remember any specific convos with him but I remember him posting. He joined here in 07 and I joined in 08. RIP Mr. Clembo.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  18. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Used to be on Cointalk a lot back in the day, not so much for a long while. However, I remember Clembo and I am sad to hear the news but glad I did get to know him here, when I did. A great guy.

19. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I can't believe it has been just about 2 years since his passing. RIP Dan. Us coin collectors miss you. Thanks for mentoring me on dieting. It worked!!

BasSWarwick, Eric the Red and -jeffB like this.
  20. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

It is a testament and tribute to Clembo that folks still recall with kindness their memories of him.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

He was an incredible person and I still miss him to this day. We used to talk a lot on the overnight when I had trouble sleeping.