Rijksmuseum coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by cplradar, Oct 23, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Neat! Are these on display? I got to Amsterdam after spending a fair bit of time in Africa (decades ago) - met up with a girl friend and intended to check out the red light district then take the train to Paris - but then I went to the Rijksmuseum... and the Van Gogh museum, and the Frank Stella museum, lol, I was looking for naked girls and I got an eye full of gorgeous impressive art instead. Lucky me. Amsterdam is such a pretty city - the canals, the zoo, the dikes, and the people are so nice.

cplradar likes this.
  4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

usually - just outside to the left of the Hall that has the Nightwatch

MIGuy likes this.
  5. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I need to go back, obviously, thanks! It's funny how some paintings that are famous are relatively small (the Mona Lisa for example) - you know there's a neat museum in Farmington, Connecticut called the Hill-Stead that has some great French impressionists and the DIA in Detroit is really under rated. Anyway, the Night Watch and some of those other Rembrandt paintings at the Rijksmuseum are so surprisingly (and pleasantly to me) large - it's at least 10 feet tall - and wider than that. Amazing! I totally didn't see any coins when I was there many years ago, I love it when I see coins in a museum.

cplradar likes this.
  6. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

When you stand in front of it it feels like you ar epeering into an alternate universe. The dutch were very serious about their coins and the museum as a decent display of some. The painting cover coins repeatedly.

Draft saved Draft deleted