Reverse proof Roosevelt dime most significant coin of century.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, May 4, 2015.

1. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

Yes. Link fixed.

Statequarterguy will never surrender.

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I consider Statequarter guy an advocate (for moderns) and a friend. Modern guys will never surrender.........we'll just lose money, but Statequarter guy seems adept at making it. :)

rzage likes this.
  4. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

How about my 3 unopened Kennedy sets? worth a $1,000 bucks yet?

Attached Files:

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You keep buying the so called 'crap'..........you tell me.

He never says that.......must be the bourbon. :)

6. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Notwithstanding some of the language used in the thread, I do not think most were critical of someone purchasing these because they are interested in the coins or moderns generally. If you like them, go for it. I collect some esoteric areas that would probably bore some of the modern collectors to tears. That's OK.

State Quarter Guy drew criticism is his excessive hyperole, promotion as an investment, and his personal attacks against those who originally accepted his posts as serious and attempted to have a serious intellectual discussion. It is his demeanor that has drawn my criticism, not that he likes to collect modern U.S. Mint products.

7. spenser

spenser Active Member

I only bought the first 2 CCS The Truman and Eisenhower. If you follow ebay, you will see that the Truman goes between $190-220 and the Ike between $120-150. Nowhere to go but up

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Interesting. I got them all except Eisenhower, and only missed that because I was working the opening ceremony of ANA Rosemont for those 5 MINUTES(!!!?) it was available.

9. spenser

spenser Active Member

Sorry, you missed out Kurt. If you have them all. Even the one's before the reverse proof kicked in, it might be wise to get it off ebay before he price goes up. It would be great to have the complete set and I feel it would bump up the value.

10. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I never said coin of the century. I did say that the dimes may be the dimes of the century.

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's true, although I had to look.

12. statequarterguy

Thanks for the support Green. For the most part, these super low mintage moderns are all up from issue price. Look at these dimes, what did they cost, an extra $10 on top of the silver dollar cost? Looks like a good investment even while eBay is flooded with them.

13. statequarterguy

You have to have thick skin in this hobby. Sorry you took the attacks as personal. If I remember correctly, my criticism was leveled at erroneous comparisons, which showed a bias. I wouldn't want collectors to pass on these great moderns based on poor performance of 1970's proof sets.

Again, this is the nature of the hobby. Aside from disagreeing over a coin's grade, I probably debate the wisdom of buying a particular modern issue on a daily basis at the shop.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  14. statequarterguy

Yeah, the Ike was another mint fiasco. I tried to order, but was shutout with crashes, and a less than 10 minute sellout. I'm going to have to pick them up on eBay soon, as these are priced well under Truman, even though the final sales came in a bit less than Truman.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

But keep in mind, SQG, that there were two special 2015 dimes, not one. There was the reverse proof P, and also the "regular" proof W. Now I did buy one set, and it is still in OGP. But last week I picked up the 2015-W dime solo at Dallas for a lousy 15 bucks. Not a problem coin either. I looked it over with a 30x. It should go 70, but 69 won't ruin my day.

16. statequarterguy

Great buy! Wish I could put together a roll at that price. What were the RP's going for at the show?

17. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

The most significant coin so far this century is the curved baseball coin.

Mr Roots and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  18. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

No damnit, the 2018 Reverse Proof Roosevelt IS THE coin of the 21st century!... ( not ) .

NSP likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted