Reverse proof Roosevelt dime most significant coin of century.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, May 4, 2015.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

If it belongs in the garbage, why'd you buy it? :p

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Hey, wait, I've seen this before. You're just waiting for everybody else to put theirs in the garbage, right? ;)

green18 and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

He's not dumb. :D

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  5. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Oh where, oh where is @statequarterguy ? I don't typically call other posters out like this, but in this instance, we were having a civil discussion about the merits of the issue and he proceeded to attack us personally and called me and several others "trolls." I believe we are owed an apology along with an acknowledgement that we were (apparently) correct in our contentions.

6. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

And just think how many did they mint of the 1996w ,

7. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

b/c I was told it is "the coin of the century"...:rolleyes::p

SuperDave likes this.
  8. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Fool born every moment

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Nahhh...most will be scrapped for its silver contain...:D

10. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

APPOLOGIZE??? LOL. They're selling right now on eBay for $80, only because the mint came out with the lower mintage president rp sets. I'm sitting on more than a few MoD sets (about half 70's), and glad I have them. However you slice it, these dimes will be two low mintage keys to the series. Kinda like the 1995-w ASE is for the series. :cigar:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  11. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

The "magical" reverse proof dime regularly sells for $28-35 graded 69 by PCGS and NGC. It's not the coin of the century, it's not rare, and it's not going to make anyone rich. The jury may have been out in May-August of 2015, but the verdict is now back. It's a flop, guilty as charged, move on to the next junk issue of the US Mint.

12. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Isn't a century 100 years? Still seems to be quite a few years left for this issue to turn around.

13. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

How long will they be making coins?

14. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

hello?

15. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHAHA.....it's the Comedy Channel.

16. spenser

spenser Active Member

I think the Truman coin and chronicles set is a much better investment. At 17.000 is going to go up and up.

17. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I think I will let you and @statequarterguy duke it out on this one. I was sure he was adamant that the Roosevelt was going to be the "coin" of the century.

18. spenser

spenser Active Member

I have 3 of the dimes. 2 pcgs 69 and 1 70 Going to keep them but, I still feel the Truman CC is a much better investment.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

It may be junk to many of you folks, but some of us like to collect it. I'll leave it at that and say no more...........

20. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Getting a '404' error........You mean like all those Japs that were discovered on islands in the Pacific years after (the Second World War) ended? Fellows who refused to give up? Honor is among the Japanese, and most notable indeed. It's just that they didn't treat prisoner of war folks very nicely. Didn't fit into their credo. Western culture was most foreign to them......but not to Yamamoto. They should have listened to him because he understood American culture.

Draft saved Draft deleted