Reverse proof Roosevelt dime most significant coin of century.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, May 4, 2015.

1. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

I ask myself that same question when reading his post....I also would like to know what else collects and for how long..?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Here is an experiment for you to try SQG: Why don't you take some of the other winners you have hoarded to a dealer and ask what they would pay you? Try the same, but ask the companies selling them on eBay what their buying prices are. I think you will find that many of them will tell you that they have more than enough and will pass outright or will give you a new perspective on the value of the pieces. Many collectors that buy novelties from large dealers will be in shock when those dealers do not want the coins back. In fact, the lack of a well intact secondary market structure is one of the problems. The dealers buy them once to flip for a profit, and then there is no interest in having them after the bubble pops. That leaves you with collector demand, making liquidation more difficult at a fair price.

Dancing Fire likes this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You know, that is so juvenile, people who disagree with you are "trolls," they're "insane." It really is.

5. JoeB.

JoeB. New Member

OK, that was fun. While we're on the subject of moderns, anybody have any thoughts on the new enhanced uncirculated dollar coming out this month?
    I'm getting one, but I usually do accumulate these mint releases in addition to my classic collections.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Ya know? When I was a kid back in 1964 I used to wish that the mint would come out with more products, or, at least start making commemoratives again. Now, I can't keep up with everything. I'm afraid to leave the house because I might miss an offering that they've just released. I'm glued to their site with my pointer finger hovering over the 'purchase' button. How sick is that?

That stated (written), I'm looking forward to the release later this month. Just have to coordinate my life around the dates.........let's see.......Eisenhower coming out the 11th, right? Enhanced UNC. coming out the 24th, correct? No trip to Tahiti this month. I'm chained to the house..........

McBlzr likes this.
  7. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

No need to bother b/c there are no dealer bids for these modern PR/MS 69-70 coins. This is a one way street, only sellers and no buyers. The day will come when the grandkids find out that their grandpa's PR/MS 69-70 coins only worth a little over bullion.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What a coincidence. I'm not going to Tahiti this month, either. :)

green18 likes this.
  9. JoeB.

JoeB. New Member

The mint is coming out with new products fast and furious.
    I feel like a sucker for buying some things, but then again, I don't want to miss an opportunity.

10. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I just purchased a set at 110 I see the reverse proof dime maybe going for 120 by itself..

11. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

• How many 1996w dimes where minted??

12. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the sets in the $80-$90 range on Ebay right now.

13. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

14. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I think I hit this one just right. I bought the 5 limit. Pre-sold the first 4 made a little profit plus a free set. I then sold the 5th set for $100.00 raw. Now If I want to replace that set it will only cost around $85.00. I think in the next 6 months they will be back around the original release pricing.

15. razorblaydesjr

razorblaydesjr Active Member

I bough an NGC graded PF69UCAM set for $99 dollars. Don't know if it was a good deal or not, but it seemed like a good enough price that it got me to pull the trigger. Oh well if it goes down in value... I'll have the set until I die, lol.

16. Coinchemistry 2012

It looks like the coin of the century can be had for $30-$35 or less including in the lofty grade of PF69. It is only the first quarter 2016.

$26.01 - RAW - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-P-Roos...601086?hash=item56811196fe:g:IqsAAOSwJkJWmAKk

$29.05 - NGC PF 69 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-P-NGC-...084107?hash=item5d602657cb:g:pqMAAOSwZ1lWeMCb

Here is the whole March of Dimes set for $57:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-March-...582484?hash=item1a0bf25c94:g:uUIAAOSwYIhWkGcO

What was the Mint issue price on these again?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  17. Coinchemistry 2012

Found it... http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/march-of-dimes-set-sells-out

Issue Price: $61.95

I think these started selling in May of 2015. Most of these prices were from late December to late January 2016. So in 8-9 months, it is already selling below issue price. That might very well be a record for short term price depreciation (and I don't mean that bitterly or sarcastically). The set appears to be more or less of a wash.

18. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Pretty sure it's still doing better than the gold Kennedy. :rolleyes:

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  19. Coinchemistry 2012

You're absolutely right. How could I forget that issue?

20. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Once again it proves that all modern coins belong in the garbage. :yuck:..My 5 set is still in its shipping package.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted