Reverse proof Roosevelt dime most significant coin of century.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, May 4, 2015.

1. I love your use of the adjective "wild." :D TC

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

You should have chose the later three options

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I'm just missing the gold Kennedy for my complete set of Kennedy halves.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Me too Eddie. I don't think I'll ever get one. Maybe if I could get one for spot, though I doubt it.......

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Some people say the gold Kennedy isn't necessary for a complete Kennedy set. They're like these dimes. ;)

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  7. Naplesjack

Naplesjack Member

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

8. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I'm still deciding what to do with my first-strike eligible box I bought at issue price.

IMO, raw, the market value of the set should be about $80 (I'm saying about $25 for the dimes and $30 for the dollar). I intend to keep 1-2 sets at least, but I'm not sure if it's worth $34/coin to submit to PCGS for the first strike designation (which would essentially be gambling on getting 70's).

I'm tempted to sell 3 sets now and get the $80-100 out of them, which would mean I got the remaining 2 sets either for free or with a small profit left over.

9. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

These are still on a downward trend. More and more raw sets are in the 70's now. The money making opportunity has passed.
    As to having them graded, only reverse proof 70's will make you any money. The other two coins are treading water in 70 and money losing in 69.
    I would get what money you can out of them now, they're not going back up. At least not in the forseeable future.

10. STU

STU Active Member

I have two I never sell coins I give alot away to new starter collectors maybe someday my grandkids will enjoy or sell ether way they make out

11. Naplesjack

Naplesjack Member

Still feel the reverse proof dime looks really fine. Have 2 sets and undecided what to do with the 2nd set?
    Sell, trade, keep, donate to MoD????

So many choices!!!! So little time !!!!

12. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

I'm a classic commem collector, but I did buy one of the MOD sets from the mint. What confuses me about all this banter about whether or not the set will go up or down, is that in either case the loss or gain will amount to a "hill of beans".

STU likes this.
  13. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

So how are these doing price wise now?

14. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

:yuck:..Will trade for < issue price sooner than I thought.

15. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

16. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

17. Coinchemistry 2012

18. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Why didn't you defend Truman when I used this same logic aginst you?

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  19. Coinchemistry 2012

The Truman coin was a far better candidate and I am not convinced that it will remain viable long term, but it has more potential than most. I guess the coin of the "century" isn't even the coin of a fiscal quarter.

20. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I have "goggled" it and found general information, so I am asking the in house experts. Can someone break down and explain what makes the "Reverse proof Roosevelt dime" so unique. I know that it has a low mintage of 75K, but I mean design-wise...what makes it so special? Thank you.

21. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Really? It's the first Reverse Proof dime ever minted and so far remains the only one.

Draft saved Draft deleted