Reverse proof Roosevelt dime most significant coin of century.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, May 4, 2015.

1. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

That's exactly what I was thinking , and most stop at '64 . Look at early commemoratives . The Isabella quarter has like 26,000 , not rare at all . I think there a lot more early commem collectors and if you want an Isabella you will find one within a day or two . These are just over hyped IMHO .

Endeavor likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

So, are collectors holding these sets and not flipping them now? Only 25 ads on eBay, I expected more.

4. statequarterguy

The younger generation doesn't stop at 64, look at the 1996-w.

5. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Like the saying ...there is one born every minute!

6. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Lots of speculation here. I wonder if I'm the only guy who bought one just because I think its neat and wanted it for my collection. I know, I know, odd concept. But truthfully, you could offer me $5000 for mine today and you wouldn't get it.

onecenter, Hope1275, spock1k and 2 others like this.
  7. Did you see listing by seller who has them in hand. He says he bought them at the DC store. I posted link in US Coin Forum thread along with a Craiglist listing similar situation.

8. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

Oh really?

spirityoda likes this.
  9. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I only bought 1 set and plan to keep them, but if someone offered me $5K I'd make the sacrifice and give up my set. :)

spirityoda likes this.
  10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

11. Soapy Smith

Soapy Smith New Member

12. statequarterguy

I saw that and clicked the link - must be nice to have them first.

13. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

How are they going to be the keys? I keep hearing this. What about the 1950 and 1951 proof issues? They are each minted at less than 60,000. No one really cares about these so why should should anyone care about these reverse proofs in a few months or years?

Endeavor and TopcatCoin like this.
  14. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

As a young guy I prefer the older coins. But that's just me. I personally don't like the Dime design so I would never buy one of these anyways.

15. Why would anyone pay $279.95 when the seller with sets in hand has them for $195.95? Then again, why not just order from the Mint like everyone else?

16. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

:eggface:..I was going to offer you $4k, oh well..:shame:

17. joecoincollect

Monster profits for you dealers

18. joecoincollect

Good point. But 5,000? Come on, surely you mean 200 or something

19. statequarterguy

Because mintage isn't everything. These 2 dimes are many times more unique than 1950 & 1951 proofs and very low mintage.

20. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I also predict an upswing in the sales of those 3 early proofs as well now that these are out. Should rekindle interest in anyone looking for Roosies.

Draft saved Draft deleted