Returning a counterfeit ebay buy

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by davidh, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Ordinary Fool, posted: "Then reject any or all of it as patently wrong and forget about it, my concerns can be measured in nano-give-a-poops."

IMO, this is absolutely the best post I've ever read from this member. :D So let it be written; so let it be done! When is everyone around here going to realize that you are posting with a genius? O Fool knows everything :bookworm: about everything.

I can say this for a fact as I have been following him on CT and CU while he was allowed to post there :watching:. I have learned he is never wrong about anything and I cannot find one instance where he has changed his opinion in spite of many, many members who have posted with a different opinion. Please give it up. You cannot win a discussion using facts with an "Ex-Pert" in all subjects.

Here is an example: After posting that it is illegal to send counterfeits through the mail, O. Fool encourages all of us to break the law: "Mail all the CF and stolen items you wish, more power to you."

jeffB, posted in an attempt to help: "I'm sure your argument is sound based on your beliefs. I just don't think your beliefs correspond to observed reality."

After two members suggested that counterfeits are returned through the mail by every TPGS, O. Fool continues to post nonsense. Often a very simple concept can be difficult for a genius to understand. There are laws such as spitting on a public sidewalk, and mailing fakes around the world THAT ARE NOT INFORCED. :facepalm::smuggrin:

So heed his advice as HE IS CORRECT: "Accessory to, direct fraud or whatever. If you know it is CF, it is a federal crime to even mail it across your county via the USPS, much less across state lines which can rack up additional charges."

We should all be very thankful to have him around to educate us. So thanks, O. Fool.:angelic:

Blissskr and baseball21 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, they weren't nuking the account -- they were just withdrawing Buyer Protection for the account. For me, it would amount to the same thing; I buy little but coins on eBay, and buying coins on eBay without Buyer Protection is unthinkable.

4. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Putting "fragile" on a package might *also* disqualify it from insurance due to breakage. The DMM is quite clear that identifying anything about the contents or inadequately packaging contents can disqualify a shipment from insurance.

Also, you have yet to acknowledge that you insist on applying the IMM to domestic mail.

5. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Turn them in to the PostMaster or FBI, in that case. Get a documented receipt and send that to eBay, along with the police report number.

6. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

Wrong and just because you insist DMM or IMM (whatever those are) are relevant, doesn't make it so.

7. Ordinary Fool

Of course, as if you had walking around sense. You should actually win something for waking up before dinner.

8. Ordinary Fool

Because doing so violates more than one maxim of law upon which our system is based. It is really that simple as what is in bold above, and it matters not if the seller knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented it other than if done so knowingly and intentionally, the situation is more severe and colored differently.

If a CF is not described as such and is purchased for more than fair market value of a CF, fraud has taken place.

eBay's policy has proven time and time again the seller does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Ask countless buyers who were defrauded and ebay/paypal forced a refund with no return of the CF item. It happens every day.

Insider likes this.
  9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That's interesting, but seems like more of a symbolic punishment with PayPal split off now I would assume their protection would still be in place

10. baseball21

Have you read the laws yet?

Blissskr likes this.
  11. Ordinary Fool

You haven't or do not understand them. You also have not asked your post office personnel about shipping CF items; coins, tennis shoes, fake watches, whatever, matters not.

Then ask them if it is ok to send stolen items via USPS.

Guess what the answer is to both.

12. baseball21

A simple no that you still haven't bothered to read the laws or do any research would have been sufficient.

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Don't argue with him. It's not worth your time. That's all he does. He was banned from CU for causing problems. That's why he is here.

Insider and baseball21 like this.
  14. Insider

DON'T FEED A TROLL!!!!

...and I :troll: are one. :facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

It appears that his user profile is gone, and I haven't noticed the forum flooded with nonsense this morning, so perhaps history has repeated itself?

16. -jeffB

Still shows up for me. Nearly everyone has to sleep sometime.

17. Insider

AFAIK, any of us can make our profile "unavailable." Several members have used this function. Only the Mod's know.

Perhaps, when a member blocks another member, their profile is no longer seen by the blocked parties. That's you and me Books. I'm sure he is still around as he has been behaving and his "cuts" at others seem to be done in a harmless way.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I've searched the Domestic Mail Manual and other USPS publications and I can find nothing that says you can't mail counterfeit items.

Blissskr, -jeffB and Insider like this.
  19. BooksB4Coins

Oh well.... that's what I get for trying to be optimistic.... ;)

Insider likes this.
  20. -jeffB

Yes, but did you talk to your Postmaster General? Because written law doesn't mean squat until you get a harried, front-line local employee to answer the phone and tell you what they think it means.

And if you did, and they said "it's not our concern, get a life", you still can't be sure, because you might have gotten an employee who doesn't understand the law like our friend here. [Yes, I realize that that last clause can be interpreted two ways.] So I suppose you need to call every Postmaster General...

21. BooksB4Coins

Sure is.... damn snowflakes. ;)

Seriously though, this is what I thought as well. However, I am able to view the profiles of a few of those who can't accept views that do not mirror their own, so who knows.... They surely wouldn't be lying (roll eyes here).

I consider knowingly misleading others to be "harmful" (take a look at some of the variety threads) but you're right... short convincing a guy to break his iPhone over nothing, it's not as bad as it could be.

Draft saved Draft deleted