Republic of China coinage 1936 - 1948

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by gxseries, May 19, 2018.

1. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Just finished compiling what I had. A very neat coinage and this should be of interest to American collectors as the dies were prepared at Philadelphia mint. Early coins were struck in Shanghai as well as Austria.

Most of these coins are actually very affordable with the exception of some (as with many other type sets). I think if you set aside some lunch money, this can be quite achievable - unless prices drastically increase (like with MANY of the projects I started magically increase in price - investors take note?)

I personally found the 1936 20 fen (Austrian) and the 1943 1/2 yuan quite tough. As this set is something that I didn't take it seriously - this may be easier or tougher than expected with some of the holes that I'm missing.

[​IMG]

Enough talk!

http://gxseries.com/numis/china/republic/china_republic.htm

Stork, Numismat, mlov43 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I'm going to read everything in the link after i comment. I'm quite ignorant of the geography over there; so is the rep of china different than mainland china? After the period ending in 48, does it become something else? Why did you focus on this time range? Ive come accross some of these coins and kept some of the better looking ones.

4. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Unique and interesting. Nice collection and write up.

5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Republic of China was mainland China before the communists took over. When they won, the republican government fled to Taiwan. So Taiwan is the heir of the Republic of China. The current mainland China is called People's Republic of China.

6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

You know, gx, I'm really wondering if this is actually what is happening!

When something is presented clearly (albeit maybe not the most attractive of presentations for the latest generation of metrosexual morons -I'm referring to my own site...), it seems that some people start to take notice. If I may be so bold as to suggest, I fear that the current surge in interest and prices in S. Korean coins (in Korea and elsewhere) may be due to the information I posted at my site in English...

I really don't care if it was me that was responsible (probably not), but if I am... Ain't I just shootin' myself in the foot?
    I mean, I buy these dang things!
    DOH!

Anyway, the China Republic is a great additional page to your compendium of coin info.

7. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I can guarantee you that I built my South Korea Type Set after viewing your collection. I think that is called inspiration.

mlov43 likes this.
  8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

9. Raven Horse

Raven Horse Member

WOW, and I was going to ask about North Korea's coins that I recently finished labeling for photo work. This one had that beat in 'difficulty'. Good Luck. I am trying to find some World Error Coin sites as I have some that really slowed me down due to appearance of the coins, any help at all would be appreciated, thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted