Repousee Coins (aka Push Outs or Pop Outs)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by The Penny Lady®, Mar 25, 2013.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I have been wanting that Reagan piece for awhile. seen it go for $10-20 bucks on Ebay.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

just got my Reagan today. yippy $14.00 with shipping :smile

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDVrBRLTmjLWrQ~~60_12.jpg $(KGrHqVHJEYFEkEuDww,BRLTj1m9bw~~60_12.jpg $T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8G5iBRLTq7JU+!~~60_12.jpg

BadThad and dwhiz like this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

here's a reverse pic of my liberty bell pop out coin:

nuts these were obverse pics need to retake reverse pic sorry... ugh.

Attached Files:

dwhiz likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

my new pop out coin off ebay:

$T2eC16FHJGIE9nnWpr!cBRM+kJidNw~~60_57.jpg $T2eC16FHJF8E9nnC6MvrBRM+kMfZCw~~60_57.jpg $T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3q(UuBRM+kPjKEw~~60_57.jpg

it's modern and is gold plated.

BadThad and dwhiz like this.
  6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I've had this one for years POPout morgan.jpg

BadThad and spirityoda like this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

dwhiz likes this.
  8. trogdor

trogdor Junior Member

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

never be sorry to revive an old thread. I have seen these on Ebay watch fob auctions. quite rare too. it is in great shape too. buy it. ;)

10. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Fob auction?

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

they used that deer/stage design on a watch fob auction a long time ago in a Ebay auction

12. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

I am the distributor of Robert Stump's book, "Pop-Out, Repousse Coins - A Numismatic Mystery".

Sadly, my good friend and colleague Bob (Stumpy) passed away a short while after the book went to print, and before he could see the final fruits of his work. R.I.P. Stumpy!

Both editions of 100 books each (2011 and 2012), have been long sold-out. I have not seen even one offered on the secondary market.

I have a few hundreds of different pop-out coins, and my collection is growing every month with new finds.

I am working on publishing a new edition of the book, with more information, photo examples of newly found pop-up coins, and a more up-to-date price guide.

I would be more than happy to assist anyone and answer any questions anyone may have about these wonderful creations of art!

spirityoda, Rassi, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  13. Adam Martyn

Adam Martyn New Member

Hi, I have a 1913 British half penny pop out coin, I've had it a few years but know nothing about it except I read somewhere that this coin is hard to find. I suppose I'm just wondering if it's of any value. It's identical to this one off the internet.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Adam

spirityoda and dwhiz like this.
  14. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

that's nice. i have not seen it on a British half penny before. nice find.

Adam Martyn likes this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

@OdedPaz I would like to see pics of your whole pop out coin collection. curious of what other designs that are out there... ???

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I see yours is made out from 40% silver cool. I have been wanting a 90% silver 1 for JFK pop out.

dwhiz likes this.
  18. Argenteus Fossil

Argenteus Fossil Active Member

I have a Barber Dime very very similar to this one. I picked it up a few years back. Do these have any value?

19. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

they sure do. :greedy: it all depends on condition. take pics of it and post them here...

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Here's a couple that I have :)

20150221_2015-02-2118_opt.jpg 20150221_20150221_180909_opt.jpg 20150221_20150221_180929_opt.jpg 20150221_2015-02-2118_opt-1.jpg 20150221_2015-02-2118_opt-2.jpg 20150221_20150221_181112_opt.jpg

SlipperySocks, spirityoda and dwhiz like this.
  21. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted