Reporting on my ICG Submission

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Seattlite86, May 14, 2024.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Thank you for what you do! You help make this hobby affordable, which is saying a lot for the hobby of kings. Can’t wait to see the finished products! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Update! The coins arrived today. I messaged their customer service a couple days ago to let them to know be on the lookout. They responded and said they’d be ready. Today, I got an email from them saying the coins are in hand and they provided me a document tracking number. I’m really glad they told me, because USPS still shows it as still in transit.

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

ICG is super responsive.

5. Seattlite86

USPS still doesn’t show it as delivered. :rolleyes:

Cheech9712 likes this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Did it deliver?

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I’ll guess Wednesday

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. Dan Galbato

Dan Galbato Well-Known Member

maybe the post office is sending it in an armored truck! Hope everything works in you’re favor!

Cheech9712 and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Thank you everyone for your concerns! ICG received it, informed me, and gave me a tracking number on the 15th all while USPS hasn’t updated it since 16MAY, showing it still moving through the system.

10. Dan Galbato

Dan Galbato Well-Known Member

11. Seattlite86

Just providing an update. I got a message letting me know that my submission is taking longer than the usual 2 weeks. This is because of the amount of conservation needed for the nickels. This doesn’t surprise me, considering the condition some of them were in. I do recall the form saying it would take 3-4 weeks, so I would have honestly been surprised if they were completed by now.

I am definitely curious which, if any, are already completed, what they received as grades/varieties, and which of the photos are available. But if I understand the process correctly, I won’t find out until all are completed.

More to follow!

12. Cheech9712

I NEVER EVER think how much. Ever

13. Cheech9712

Can you imagine the pile @Collecting Nut has to go thru

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Are you saying that ICG has a 2-week turnaround normally? That's crazy quick.

lordmarcovan and Seattlite86 like this.
  15. Randy Abercrombie

I had to ask them just last week to hold my most recent submission until after the Memorial Day weekend that I mailed May 13th. I didn't want to risk them sitting in my mailbox while I was away. Dutifully, they mailed them Tuesday and according to USPS, I'll receive them today... My last submittal to them was even faster.

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

And it’s getting larger by the week. Lol

17. Seattlite86

Yes, they are amazingly fast and reasonably priced. Win win.

18. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

@Seattlite86 - you got all that stuff via CRH … for face value? That’s pretty amazing. You must go through some pretty huge quantities to pull that off!

What kind of source do you use? If memory serves, you are in Europe, right?

19. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

PS- those 1915-S and 1918-S Buffaloes are awesome! Amazing finds! And definitely worthy of a slab! I just looked up the XF-AU prices on those. Wow.

20. Seattlite86

Technically, I paid 4.5 cents for them, but rounding is fine. :D Those finds come from searching about $850 in nickels. I am sadly out of nickels to search. The nickels by far outpace the good finds compared to the quarters and dimes. I have no idea why, but I’m certainly not complaining. I have kept every nickel 1938-1956. Oddly, I’ve not found a single 1939-D, or a 1950-D. But, I will eventually go through all those nickels and hopefully find me a Henning!

As far as sourcing, I am in Europe and am connected with someone who deals in FOREX. I’d prefer not to share too much beyond that, as it’s a source I want to keep all to myself. Hope you can understand :)

21. Randy Abercrombie

I think we all understand. We coin junkies stumble upon our honey-holes. Mine happens to be a fellow that buys abandoned storage rooms. I usually hear from him once a year. Occasionally he stumbles on jars of old coins and always calls me first.

Draft saved Draft deleted