Replica Medieval Coins Kickstarter Project

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by thecoinlover, Nov 21, 2013.

1. thecoinlover

thecoinlover Banned

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you are the person who is the owner of the project, then yes, it is self promotion, so please take it down. If you aren't please pm me so I won't remove it by AM. Thanks

Jim

4. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

Looking at the link it doesn't say anywhere that the 'replica' coin will be stamped anywhere with 'Copy' or anything blatant to call it a fake.

How do we know if the guy who buys it isn't going to turn around and sell it as 'authentic' medieval silver and demand more money. As much as I am a fan of many things on kickstarter as a collector, while this is neat, I couldn't support this project...

5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Is he actually replicating a medieval coin though? Those dies don't look like any design I've seen. I think he's doing a Daniel Carr sort of thing, but with ancient technology, which is pretty cool.

6. Whizb4ng

Whizb4ng HIC SVNT DRACONES

With some 'aging' I could see it being mistaken for a couple of the Edward's

[​IMG]

Clip the edges a bit, knock it around. I could see if fooling someone.

7. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

On his website he says they are modeled after groats of Edward I, but he replaced REX with PHX as a personal monogram. Is that enough to fend off unscrupulous use after they leave his hands? I don't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted