repeat eBay fake seller, this one's ugly

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Dec 27, 2020.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I was looking at new BIN listings on eBay, and I came across this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-dollars-peace-1921-High-Relief/353333293880

A 1921 Peace dollar that doesn't look the least bit right to me. It sold in ten minutes.

I had a look at the seller's Sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tcre_58/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

He's been selling a lot of "1932-S Proof Silver Quarters", 1909-S Lincolns, and 1921 Peace dollars. That's often a danger sign in itself -- multiples of key or semi-key dates, with relatively few sales of other coins.

Looking at those 1909-S Lincolns, they don't all look alike, but a couple of them look like obvious fakes to me. (Check out this bad boy, with no surcharge for the extra rim on the reverse!) The 1932-S quarters are worse, and so are the 1921 Peace dollars.

The only active auctions he has at the moment are for a few common dates, and none of them scream "fake" to me, so there's nothing to report at the moment -- but he's sold dozens of crude fakes, and so far he's got 100% positive feedback on them. If he's pricing them to sell quickly BIN, it'll be hard to catch and report active examples.

I know there are a couple of us here who have back-channels to eBay's enforcement department. Is there anything we can do about this abuser?

Inspector43 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Report . Maybe we all can confront him and maybe he will stop. ?? What else ?

Mammothtooth likes this.
  4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I've gone ahead myself and reported some of his sold listings that are obvious fakes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    fretboard and Mammothtooth like this.
  5. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Selling nikes too....

Draft saved Draft deleted