Featured Renewal of restrictions on coins from Italy - CPAC Meeting

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by 7Triones, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Well-Known Member

Jamesicus, I very much hope you do not shuffle off any mortal coils (with or without your coins) anytime soon! But you have an amazing sense of humour, and I think you are a good example of how to live: with humility and humour. I loved your joke!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

Thank you, Nathan. I think that one of the big problems we have these days is taking ourselves, and life, too seriously too much of the time. Life is for the living, moderation is for monks!

BTW, Nathan, please notice I corrected “shuttling” in my original post to your correct “shuffling” via edit. I cannot spell very well these days and I am constantly making errors in my posts, sorry.

Nathan B. likes this.
  4. Nathan B.

Oh! I hadn't even noticed, but I will correct it in my post, too, since you did. I tend to edit my own posts a lot for such things after posting. Anyway, what's a typo between friends? :)

If I can I make it to your age and be even close to as productive as you are, I think I'll call that a success.

5. Nathan B.

The CPAC people have just published a massive number of comment submitted--323 have been posted as of this comment, out of a total of about 401 submitted. Whether all these comments will change anything, I don't know, but at least they have been posted!

Bob the Baker and DonnaML like this.
  6. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

FYI deadline for submissions has been extended to July 14. Make sure you comment! :)

Nathan B. and Nicholas Molinari like this.
  7. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

It seems that almost all of the comments are against the MOU

8. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

Was that posted on the CPAC website?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. Posted in a very quiet and secretive way and without explanation. I wonder if the archaeological lobby got this extension so they can encourage more members to post. They may be unnerved by the overwhelming pro-collector response. DON'T LET THEM CATCH-UP. If you haven't posted comments, please do so as soon as possible!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  9. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

I bet you’re correct.

Carausius likes this.
  10. kazuma78

Was anyone in on the live session for this yesterday?

11. Ed Snible

Ed Snible Well-Known Member

12. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I don't see my comment. The main page says 500 comments were submitted, a suspiciously round number. Clicking the docket shows only 403 comments and they are all dated 7/10/20. Mine was submitted on the last day of commenting, the 14th if I recall.

As Donna said though, it's difficult to believe anyone on the committee read any of them. Hopefully they at least had staffers glance at them to see the general breakdown of for and against.

kazuma78 likes this.
  13. kazuma78

They were woefully slow at posting the comments made on the docket. From what I recall glancing over the comments of the 403 posted, all but a handful were against the MOU. Hopefully someone listened, but unfortunately my pessimism towards logic in politics leads me to believe they decided based on what gave our government the biggest benefit and not what the people really wanted.

TIF likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted