Remove me from your mailing list.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by AdamL, Sep 23, 2021.

1. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

I don't think that "Do Not Call" list really panned out. I remember hearing lots of complaints from those who added themselves to that list. They actually started getting even more calls/junk mail after adding themselves to it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It worked for a while but politicians are exempt from it of course. The probably now is they just either spoof their number or have some middle man with the spoofed number place the call so reporting them does no good

Then to make it even more fun a lot of people don’t even realize you can spoof a number so you end up getting calls and texts to stop calling them when you’ve never actually called them before

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

The Do Not Call List, is just another legal tactic by an industry to give unethical business practices, fraud and theft a safe harbor. It is designed to help spammers, not hurt them. If they made unsolicited robo calls flatout illegal with jail sentences, that would largely stop it.

It is the same thing as with the Pawn Shops being given safe harbor with the 60 day notice.

Draft saved Draft deleted