Reminder: the Ignore Button.. it's wonderful

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

We're an awesome group here - the best I have been a part of!!
    We're also great at not feeding the trolls - they try quite often but they're shut down pretty quick.
    The last thing we want for any member is to take the bait and be banned. Some great contributors have lost the privilege of posting here. What a terrible thing it must be, to be unable to interact on the premier site to discuss our great hobby!

I just wanted to remind everyone about the power of the "Ignore" button. It reduces stress and disagreement. Two newer, prolific posters are not part of my experience anymore. If someone upsets you - Ignore them!
    Its been awesome! Please Ignore me if that helps you enjoy your hobby.

To summarize: DON"T LET ANYONE RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Oh, and I just finished paying for my newest addition.. super cool!!

upload_2021-1-31_2-50-1.png

REMEMBER: IGNORE - do not engage!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Congrats with the new coin, Claudius! That’s a classic :)

I sometimes wonder if I should use the ignore button more, because I sometimes feel that it’s less than friendly here, but most of the time it helps to look in the mirror and find the problem right there.

4. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

yup, put'em in the iggy bin...and nice coin...Marc and who is it on there?...Otavius??:)

Southernman189 and Clavdivs like this.
  5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Yes Mark Antony and Octavian

I don't think I have ever used the "ignore" button, I just don't read what I don't like reading and that's fine with me :)

Q

6. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

You may be correct my friend.. that may be 100% true. But the "Ignore" button allows you to take a step back - let everything fall into place and then make a decision as to whether to respond or not... sometimes letting things slide is better. Sometimes disengaging is not a bad thing to do.
    Most people are dealing with many issues due to the current state of affairs in the world.. not poking back (to even a "perceived" poke) may be the best course of action. All I am saying is that I would like to see a little less confrontation - and pointing out that there is an alternative. This option is quite satisfying. I wish some real world problems were as easy to solve! Click a button .. and the problem is solved and the stress is gone - oh, if real life was so easy!!

You no longer see their posts or replies.. they're gone. Whatever works to aid in a members mental heath.. and keeps them active in their membership, this I support. These people are no longer part of my coin collecting experience and I feel better for it. Anyone is of course free to Ignore me.. not that I would know. I would just like to see all of us enjoy our hobby and be free from accusations and ridicule . This should be an enjoyable place. Cheers!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

Funny, I didn't know there was an ignore button (not that there's anyone I'd want to use it on). Is it on someone's profile page?

Southernman189 and octavius like this.
  8. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

You don't even have to go to their profile page, you just have to click on their name and a window will come up. This is what I see when I click on your name, for example:

Capture.JPG

You can see the "ignore" option toward the top right.

sand and Cliff Reuter like this.
  9. gsimonel

Are you tempted?;)

ominus1 and Roman Collector like this.
  10. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Of course not! I have only put one member on ignore and I'm pretty sure he got banned shortly thereafter anyway.

ominus1, Orielensis and Stevearino like this.
  11. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

Need help please. I tried to "ignore" myself and it didn't work. I'm tired of my stupid and uninteresting posts. Any suggestions ?

12. gsimonel

13. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Why not ask the wife? She may have a few techniques to share? :)

ominus1, catadc, +VGO.DVCKS and 4 others like this.
  14. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Did something happen on the ancients forum recently?

15. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Nice addition Clavdivs:D and good advive to boot.
    John

robinjojo likes this.
  16. Old Error Guy

Old Error Guy Well-Known Member

Great, great advice. Over the years I’ve waited for a few idiots to get smarter. They didn’t!

17. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Nice coin. Hey chitchix, turn your back and walk away!

18. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I've put only a couple of people on ignore, and I think they were all banned at some point anyway. Conversely, I know of only a couple of people who've ignored me, but I haven't retaliated by putting them on ignore myself, because they still sometimes have interesting coins to post and things to say. Why cut off my nose, etc.? And, just a reminder: from what I've observed of disputes on CT -- and there are surely fewer on the Ancients forum than elsewhere on CT, and fewer on CT in general than on most forums -- there are at least two sides to many stories. Some people are happy to insult or attack others, directly or passive-aggressively, but can't cope at all when those others push back. No reference intended to anyone in this thread.

19. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

@Clavdivs ........Very nice coin!.....Good recognisable portraits....Congrats! :woot:
    A portrait of MA is high on my want list but out of my price range at the moment :(

Clavdivs likes this.
  20. Victor_Clark

Victor_Clark all my best friends are dead Romans Dealer

strange that nobody has responded to this topic

21. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Aristophanes had a good understanding of the forum 'troll' categories:

f9c457a628a2abead9cbe669a887c1d8.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.