Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You might be surprised. I wouldn't throw them out, anyway. Ebay those tokens. Or go to the arcade and try 'em out, play some games. I seem to remember that arcades will take a lot of generic same size tokens (as of 10 years ago or so).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

'64 dime, 2x 1 Euro, 1x 2 Euro.

4. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Boy I'd love to jump on the band wagon with you guys. The credit union where I dump uses this type of machine. http://www.sprintquip.com.au/Portals/sprintquip/Caths/CT-PENGUIN.jpg The reject slot is the one on the right. I tried sticking my hand up into the tube, but it's next to impossible because there is a flap in the way. I have seen the machine become jammed by other folks and watched a teller open it up. There is some sort of internal collection tray for (I guess) oddball rejects, but it's always empty. Guess I'll have to start seeking out supermarket Coinstars...

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Got some Canadian and other assorted stuff from the magnet. Still no silver finds from the reject though. I save the Canadian to sell on ebay.
    HOTN

6. texansfan

texansfan New Member

Question, I know where the reject tray or area where the coins fall into and you reach in a grab them, but is there something else farther in where you have to reach in an then up?

It's funny because I always tell my youngest daughter to look at the tray to see if there's any coins in there. She gets embarrassed and tells me she hates doing it.

7. daship

daship Member

Found a '43-D steel cent and another British one pound coin. That makes 14 x 1 pound coins in the last 8 months or so in the same machine!

8. Hellofthenorth

Got 3 steel wheaties from the magnet at TD over the weekend. Also got over $1.00 worth of canadian. Those are the first steel wheaties I have ever pulled. I would figured there would be alot more. They are in pretty bad shape but keepers none the less.
    HOTN

9. Inquisitive

1 Roosie, 1 slv Quarter, and some foreign stuff, including a 50 cent euro coin.

10. Inquisitive

11. texansfan

texansfan New Member

bump

12. Hellofthenorth

You might be thinking of the magnet that is on the sifter that the coins run down/over when you are dumping them in? We talk alot about the Penny Arcade machines where when you fill a bag of coins this silver colored sifter needs to come out so they can roll out the machine. If you have the sifter out and reach your hand in and up there is a magnet that collects foreign coins. Once I learned this I have been pulling lots of foreign off the magnet for my collection.
    HOTN

13. Inquisitive

1958 dime, Canadian Twonie.

FYI, not all machines have magnets. The one that I use rejects all foreign coin (to the best of my knowledge).

14. texansfan

texansfan New Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was wondering if the coins just fell into the reject bin where you can just look in and see if anything is in there, or if there is some magnet that's higher up inside the reject bin where you would need to reach in and then up.

In this instance I'm referring to the Coin Star machines.

15. Hellofthenorth

Is it a Penny Arcade machine or something different? I use a machine that rejects all foreign and drops it into the reject slot like it would a destroyed US Coin.

16. Hellofthenorth

I don't use coinstar because of the fees involved. I just check the reject slot for silver, which I have never found.
    HOTN

17. Inquisitive

Somewhat different. Sometimes I do use a penny arcade like machine, other times there is a conveyor belt the puts the coins in to be counted.

18. texansfan

texansfan New Member

I haven't either. I'm guessing most people look in the reject tray after dropping off their coins.

19. Inquisitive

'43 Merc & 2x 25 Peso from the Dominican Republic.

20. Inquisitive

two slv quarters, 1 roosie.

21. Inquisitive

2 Euro coin, 20 cent Euro, 2x five pence

Draft saved Draft deleted