Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

a 1960 -d silver dime once

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

January 2011 I found a 1964 quarter - really kicked up my interest in silver

4. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

'67 half, '64D dime, 2 canadian dimes and a five Shekel Israeli coin (somewhat common in NYC, it's worth about $1.25).

5. Inquisitive

6 Roosies, 10 Yen/Yuan from Taiwan, GSP token

6. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

With the luck I've been having, I'd take that as a good week!
    HOTN

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Spotted a 1972 Ike and a smashed/bent nickel bouncing around in the counting machine. The teller said she'd go open it up and grab them for me.
    (TCF machines don't accept Ikes, but they're too big to go down the reject slot, so they just get stuck in there if somebody drops them in)

8. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

a 2007 canadian quarter

9. Hellofthenorth

Do coins stuck to the magnet count and should they be listed in this thread. That has become a new little cash cow for me. Tip of the hat to Merc.
    HOTN

10. Atreides

Atreides New Member

April Reject tube finds: Roosie x11, Wash x7, Merc x1

Found 4 roosies today, so May is off to a good start!

11. Hellofthenorth

AHHHHHHHHHHHH...you guys are killing me! Are you in NY like Inq?
    HOTN

12. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Close, I live in the suburbs of NYC. Dunno why I'm so lucky but it's probably a good thing, competition around here is really bad and regular BWRs can get exceptionally stingy.

13. Hellofthenorth

Your machine reject silver while others do not. Also like Inq said, it's NYC people are rushed, lazy, and just plain don't care. You reape the benefits for sure.
    HOTN

14. Inquisitive

1 Euro coin, 2x 10 Pence, 1x five pence

15. Hellofthenorth

Two Canadian quarters the manager me pull off the magnet
    HOTN

16. Inquisitive

chuck e cheese coin
    1999 french Franc
    50 cents mexican
    2x susie B.
    1x Madison
    4 Roosies
    1943 Quarter

17. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Another roosie today, as well as a whole load of arcade tokens, 2p UK, 10 yen Japan, and a beat up Thomas Jefferson brass/bronze medal (about the size of a half dollar)

18. repede

repede New Member

which banks are you finding silver in the reject trays? seems like another opportunity to score silver but i have yet to find any in reject trays, and i find coins often in coinstar slots but there all foreign or beat up current U.S. i would be thrilled to pick up some quarters out of these machines

19. Atreides

Atreides New Member

2 Roosies, a steel cent, 5 euro cents, 5c Trinidad, 7c Canada, 50c Venezuela, and 3 Chuck E Cheese tokens

20. Inquisitive

Love em Chuck E Cheese tokens :p

21. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Yeah lol.... it really amazes me that they bother putting the date these were minted on the token.

I also get a fair number of garden state parkway tokens, but not a lot for the NJ turnpike or some of the older tokens for the bridges/tunnels around NYC.

Actually, what do you guys think I should do with all these arcade tokens? I got so many from one particular arcade that went out of business that I had to throw most of them out, and I've been toying with going through all my arcade tokens and just getting rid of all duplicates.

Do you guys keep all your tokens, one of each, or just toss them all?

Draft saved Draft deleted