Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Found this little guy in the grocery Coin Star today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

Thank you. I assumed it was of Asian origin, but hadn't thought of Thailand.

4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Cashing in the $1000 in skunky half dollars at my credit union I found a 1962 Dime and a 1966 Canadian 80% 25c coin - both silver.

5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

I guess the two boxes were un-skunked.

6. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

A couple coinstars today produced...
    34 cents
    7 nickels
    10 dimes
    25 cents worth of cdn
    and a Mother Theresa pendant.

jester3681 likes this.
  7. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Picture of a pendant perhaps?

8. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

9. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

one lonely 64-D Roosie at the grocery store coinstar last night

scottishmoney likes this.
  10. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

Grrr, twice in a row now I was leaving the store with my groceries and just as I was going out, someone started putting coins into the coinstar. I had things to do both times, so I didn't wait around to go back and see if they left any in the reject slot.

11. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago, I was at the register and saw that there were coins sitting in the reject tray. The cashier took too long to finish the transaction and by the time I was ready to head over to the machine, somebody put a sandwich bag's worth of change in, and took whatever was in the reject slot.

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

A dime in front of the machine and a '71 UK Penny in the slot.

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Took my coins (metal detecting) to dump at TD.

I looked first in the bid and there were 4 dimes, a nickel and one cent sitting there.

Thank you whoever left them for me.

:)

14. theshoegazer

Store 1: one dime. Thought it was silver because the edge was dirty and didn't look clad, but turned out to be a 1981-P

Store 2: $1.70 in change. Not the collecting kind, but still nice to find the spending kind!

15. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

Stopped after work, saw some change and as I was reaching in I could see a silver edge. I figured it would be another canadian. Got a quarter, four dimes, and four pennies. One of the dimes was a 1959-D. It's been awhile since I found any silver.

16. HOWARD GOTKIN

HOWARD GOTKIN Member

Today I just happened to be in a Walmart and there was a Coinstar machine there. I took a look an there was a whole load of change there so I grabbed it. Amazing!
    I found 2 2013 quarters stuck together with gum! lol How did that happen? I also found two other interesting finds! Looks like someone went into someones collection an broke apart a 1984 proof set. Yes! Not only did I find what was once a proof 1984-S Washington Quarter but also a 1964
    silver quarter! I never expected that! I guess today was my lucky day!

17. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Yesterday 15c Canadian - a 5 and 10c coin.

Today the same..:rolleyes:

18. theshoegazer

Went to the grocery store after the game ended - the Patriots solo cups were already marked down.

Finding a 1964-D dime softened the blow a little bit.

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

they should have been marked down before the game

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Went by Kroger last night, and there were a half dozen or so coins sitting on the CoinStar counter. A few foreigns (including a "New Sheqel" and a "Two New Pence"), a rotten Zincoln, a 1943 cent, and a Chuck E Cheese token. I grabbed a couple of the foreigns, left the token and the steelie for someone else.

Today, there were two coins in the reject slot -- another rotten Zincoln, and a 1960-D dime. I left the Zincoln. :) That's four silver Roosies in the last few months...

21. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Good karma came from leaving the steelie for someone else :)

Draft saved Draft deleted