Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

I always check the reject slot for Silver coins because I seem to get them more than anything else at coin star.Great way to increse your silver holdings.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wood_ster

wood_ster Active Member

I have been diligently searching my coinstar machines here in the Seattle area. Well, the ones in my west seattle neighborhood.

I have found 2 silver rosies in about 1 week. As well as a handfull of pennies, and some canadian. I got an agentinian Penny yesterday as well.

I am kicking myself though - before I know about silver coinage, while in NYC, I walked past a machine, and got a handful of US coins, including half dollars. A few bucks face if I remember correclty. According to my observations, it was probibly silver. I was aloof at the time, so I spent it.

While googling the interwebs, this forum seems to be the best on coins.

I am an avid treasure hunter/ beach comber, so this coinstar life-hack is great for me. I got a 2 mile bike ride in yesterday, and I swung by 4 C-star machines.

Cheers. I'm happy to be on the board!

4. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

5. pballer225

pballer225 Member

2 clad canadian quarters and 2 clad canadian dimes... also had a Zincoln. I work at a grocery store and 99% of the time I go past the machine there's nothing in it :( I did get a silver rosie once a few months ago.

6. crazyhorses

crazyhorses New Member

I find Canadian coins in there alot,but I think that's because I'm located very close to Canada.

7. CRHnut

CRHnut New Member

Y'all got some sweet finds there! I have found a few Silver Dimes in the CoinStar.

8. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Found a Roosie today (I think it's one I actually missed while CRHing, good thing the machine spit it back out lol) and a Washington

9. Coinageman1994

Coinageman1994 New Member

One time, I found a Greek 1-Euro coin in the reject slot at TD Bank.

10. Inquisitive

1964 quarter, 2 Canadian Dollars, and a whole bunch of Aruba Florins (must have been 4 or 5, plus some nice square half florins).

11. Inquisitive

1964 quarter (and some other Venezuelan junk)

12. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I'm happy to report I found a 1944 P war Nickel in the reject of a TD machine along with some other banged up US Clad coins. I also got some garbage tokens. The not so happy part, is that was the only silver I found over the weekend.
    HOTN

13. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Today: 5 Roosies, 25c canadian, 10ag Israel, 11c Trinidad, 5c Netherlands, 10 baht Thailand, and a random transit token. My 2nd best reject find ever (best was 5 roosies 1 merc and a wash a few months back)

14. Raoul duke

Raoul duke Member

Got my first score today out of the coinstar reject bin! Right when walking in the door of the store I noticed a empty glass jar in the trash can and it looked like a changejar so I headed to the coinstar to check the tray and found, 2 silver roosies- a 1950-s and a 1963-D!

15. Inquisitive

4 Roosies, a pound coin, and a 2010 25 cent canadian poppy

16. repede

repede New Member

found a 1920 sixpence with an m mintmark. after further investigation of this coin it is 92.5% silver. and possibly a rare date. anyone know?

17. sjlund

sjlund Member

Found about a handful of canadian dimes and quarters dumping coins at the bank yesterday - not uncommon being less than 2 hours from the border.

18. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Found 3 Quarters and 2 Roosies yesterday, then another Quarter today. It's been a crazy month for me with reject tube, I'm up to 6 quarters and 10 dimes for April.

19. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

CoinStar finds have gotten rare around here. It seems everyone and their brother are checking them plus the on screen warning have killed the good finds I used to get. Today I did find a'76 Canadian quarter and a '64 2 Phenning on the shelf and a 1920 Wheatie on the floor.

20. stlouiscoin

stlouiscoin New Member

this might be stupid question... but I can't find the reject tube at my local bank. I go to a U.S. bank, and use their coin machine. I've probably spent an hour total sitting there waiting for it to count my change, and I can't find the reject tube.

21. Inquisitive

A quarter, 2 dimes & a bunch of foreign, including a pound coin, plus a Susie B.

Draft saved Draft deleted