Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

That key looks like it might go to a rental locker in a bus or train station.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

BTW, nice little haul there also.

Hiwatt likes this.
  4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

36c under the machine and a chuckle from the service manager of the grocery store laughing at me for bending down an' digging under the machine. Laugh all you want, but I have found Merc dimes that way.

5. jamor1960

jamor1960 The More I learn, the Less I know....

I've had good luck 2 weeks in a row!! 20210912_101230.jpg 20210912_101220.jpg

6. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I typically find nothing, but the other day I found three crusty cents. I figured it wasn't worth picking them up with how crusty they were but at least I found something. This was at a local Cash Wise.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Interesting find today. (And 2 cents not pictured.) When I looked in I thought it was a quarter. But when I felt the size and weight I thought it was a Kennedy before I looked at it.
    CS2.png

8. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Any idea what it is?

9. Michael K

A Catholic medallion made in Italy. IDK what the Latin words are.
    I assume it is a saint or Jesus.

UncleScroge likes this.
  10. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

I usually visit a Coinstar machine at least twice a month when returning coins from boxes purchased at my bank. When the coins are returned I get a Amazon gift card. I hardly ever get a Coinstar find since moving at the first year to my new residence. The main reason I suspect is that the machine is in close proximity to service personnel manning the self service checkout counters. My luck changed today while visiting another location. This 1954 Rosie was needing a home and I adopted it!

IMG_4947.jpg IMG_4948.jpg

11. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

About 12 cents, 4 dimes, and a Canada nickel in a coinstar.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  12. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

CoinStar this a.m., one silver '64 Rosie and a $50 Mexico. coinstar.jpg

13. Hookman

How much is a 50 Peso Mexican coin worth nowadays......if you can get someone to take it?

I remember a few years ago there was a pizza place in Dallas? that was accepting payment in Mexican money.

Nolan Workman likes this.
  14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

CoinJockey73 and Nolan Workman like this.
  15. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

2 clad dimes in and under the machine. Been on a losing streak lately with decent finds.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  16. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

17. Hookman

I looked it up on NGC and in VF it gives the value as $0.70. In MS 60, it gives the value as $2.75.
    The problem would be finding somewhere to spend them. I have collected a lot of different Mexican coins, mostly silver ones.
    I have also found a few smaller denomination Mexican coins in return cups.
    I just keep them. Most moneychangers don't accept coins and a trip to Mexico to spend them wouldn't be worthwhile.

Nolan Workman likes this.
  18. Michael K

In re: 50 pesos. If it is before (1993?) it is worthless.I can't read the date if it is newer it could be $2.45 but no one will take it. Usually these are worth more as collectibles than face value, but you really need XF and above condition.

Penny scoop today. Sometimes you can catch a wheatie or a dime. There was a 1969-S. Imagine pulling a 1969-S double die from a coin star.
    100_4928.JPG

Hookman likes this.
  19. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I checked the machine at my local Wal-Mart maybe a little over two weeks ago now, haven't gotten around to posting about it since I've been out with the coronavirus. I made out with a good deal of foreigns, and two US silvers; a 1954-D dime, and a 1961-D quarter. Pretty lucky because usually I check the Cash Wise in town and get nothing. I'm at school right now so I can't send any pictures, will update when I get home with pictures.

20. goossen

goossen Senior Member

It’s a Saint Benedict medal. It protects from curses, vices and evil.
    I always have one on top of my house doorway.

You can read more on Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Benedict_Medal

Noah Worke and Michael K like this.
  21. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Saw this when peaking in a cash register in Richmond VA, asked if I could buy it and the cashier was glad to get rid of it - even refused payment for it. Said he didn’t like weird money in the register DFF7D695-071D-4441-8AE3-F31BF6F65F64.jpeg b

Draft saved Draft deleted