Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

I get the sneaking suspicion that one has to get up very early in the morning to pull one over on Meow......and even then it may not be a doable thing. Regarding Meow's two mystery Samoan coins. Could it be possible that a dashing young Samoan Sumo wrestler has recently gained favor with Meow??

I have read very few of these posts, so this may be a very repetitious comment. I have been feasting on these coin rejects for years......from the garbage can sitting right next to the machines. I do not know if this is universal, but my bank does not allow it's employees to collect or save coin machine rejects. So when coming across them, they simply dump them in the trash. I used to dump my CRH coins once or twice a week. But now I spread it out to roughly 8-10 stops a week at different bank branches, so to increase my found bounty. I bee-bop around town for work anyway, so no real extra expense involved there. Some branches are much more fruitful than others, which leads me to believe that some bank employees may not be abiding by company policy and are sneaking found coin rejects into their own pockets for personal profit. I know if I were in their shoes I would. Would Meow partake in such activity?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow does not know of any financial institutions where Meow lives that have coin counting machines. But Meow does love to go to the places in grocery stores where they have coinstars in towns Meow just happen to be near. It is like part of the CRH hobby to visit them and hunt for foreign and silver along the way.

4. White Ger. Shep. Lover

May LL (Lady Luck) bestow tons of good fortune in any and all Coinstar reject troughs that Meow may frequent in this coming week.

5. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Some coins courtesy of the coin counter reject slot at the credit union earlier today.

Coin Counter Finds MAR 4.jpg

6. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

How about pix of the other sides?

7. Bradley Trotter

01053AF5-7C02-46E0-8741-F83821B5C4DE.jpeg

8. MeowtheKitty

Meow was lucky today to find a silver dime at the coinstar today! It is Meow's 2nd silver dime of the year. Sure feels good to find these every once in a while.
    WIN_20200304_13_48_40_Pro.jpg WIN_20200304_13_48_57_Pro.jpg

9. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pix!

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Dumping some coins today at my bank and I found these waiting for me. The wheat is a 1942-S. Fun!

3DFBF73D-8FD5-40AE-A3D2-14A8A6D7B759.jpeg 9C4E4EBF-FB91-4FFC-8F6E-8BA8F5E607E9.jpeg

11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Hookman and TexAg like this.
  12. MeowtheKitty

A small mouse in paw is better than no mouse in paw.

13. White Ger. Shep. Lover

Size does not matter to Meow.

Hookman and MeowtheKitty like this.
  14. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

Haven't been to the store in almost two weeks. Ventured out this morning and checked the coin counter while there. A Canadian penny, British pound, some religious tokens, a 1959 Mexican peso, and a 1900 3-pence.

That's some old stuff! Hopefully I didn't infect myself to get it.

Attached Files:

Hookman, halvessearcher and TexAg like this.
  15. Bradley Trotter

A late Victorian 3d now that is quite an enviable find!

Cheech9712 and Hookman like this.
  16. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Cool, what was the year in the pubs and is it silver? Also can you take a photo of the religious tokens? Thanks!

Hookman likes this.
  17. afm1982

The 3-pence (1900) and peso (1959) are silver, although there isn't much actual silver in them. The religious token was from St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC, asking our lady of guadaloupe to pray for us. I"ve seen things like that before, it has no precious metal.

Hookman likes this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Thanks, I should have proofed my typing, I meant what year was the British Pound. But, I’m guessing it is modern. I like religious tokens, particularly Catholic ones. Here’s one I picked up at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in NYC in 2018.

59D6ED53-A9CC-4EF5-8379-EE2D2B6F0F13.jpeg 74E8E0E9-9733-44CE-BD41-9183B7922A59.jpeg

Hookman likes this.
  19. afm1982

Yeah, the pound is modern.

Here is the token. Don't know anything about it, other than what's written on it.

Attached Files:

Hookman and TexAg like this.
  20. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Thanks again, similar to mine but with a different side. I got mine from a vending machine in the back of the Cathedral for a few bucks. Money is used for upkeep I believe.

Hookman likes this.
  21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Love threepences so I thought I would check e-bay...it is to laugh...
    upload_2020-3-26_17-45-10.png

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted