Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Sounds like a few 5 year olds in a battle of witts

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Wow. Your doing well today. You own this. Call us collectors next time. No thieves

4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Charles Brooks was wrong. He admitted he was wrong.
    Now all of you people are just rubbing it in.

Do you ever wonder why people in our society are so unwilling to apologize and/or admit they were wrong? Do you ever wonder why people in our society are so defensive?

It's because if you continue to attack a person who admitted their mistake then there will be no incentive for them to admit their mistake in the future. Therefore, they are likely to become defensive and less cooperative and less likely to admit wrong doing in the future.
    Now does that benefit anyone?

Justinn likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

For what it's worth, the first time I found a pile of change in a CoinStar reject slot (quite a few years ago), I went over to the customer service desk (Harris-Teeter) and asked about it. I don't remember if they actually said "finders keepers" or "help yourself", but that's definitely what it added up to.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Party A: "The sky is green, and if you claim otherwise, you're a malicious liar who ought to go to jail."

Parties X, Y, and Z: "LOL no"

Party A: "I've looked outside, and the sky is blue. I stand corrected, you bunch of unwelcoming jerks."

Parties X, Y and Z: "LOL -- so, do you collect coins? Let's talk about coins!"

Party B: "Why is everybody piling onto party A after a clear admission that he was wrong?"

Cheech9712 and Kentucky like this.
  7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

That’s a St. Benedict medal.

Michael K and hotwheelsearl like this.
  8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Thanks. Not my area. I have pulled similar medals, metal detecting.
    Last find of the year was Monday, dime on the grill.
    medals.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Treashunt likes this.
  9. Andrew Blum

Andrew Blum Circulated Fan

The other day I found a SLQ (unfortunately date and mint worn off) and a Canadian 5 cent. The SLQ was my first and only Ag find of 2019 in a coinstar. I have received several Ag Kennedys in CWRs.

-jeffB likes this.
  10. Michael K

Happy New Year! It's 2020 and Coinstar lives. 3 dimes in the slot and my
    third Mercury dime. 1944-S
    1944S.png

11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Michael, that’s quite a collection of religious medals! The wife (she’s the expert in the family) and I tried to identify them. Some were easy, some were tough to tell from the picture. Here’s our best guesses. A question mark means we’re not sure.
    Top row (left to right):
    Miraculous Medal
    Miraculous Medal
    St. Benedict
    Guardian Angel
    Miraculous Medal
    St. Benedict
    Holy Family
    Our Lady of The Angels?

Bottom row (left to right):
    Miraculous Medal
    Mother Teresa of Calcutta
    Guardian Angel
    Our Lady of Guadalupe?
    Our Lady of ?
    St. Benedict
    ???? (damaged)
    St. Anthony of Padua w/ Child Jesus

Michael K likes this.
  12. Michael K

I have a ton of crosses and other stuff.

TexAg likes this.
  13. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Haven't found anything cool in the CoinStar for awhile, but 2020 started with silver — a 1948-D Rosey!
    1948-D dime obv.jpg 1948-D dime rev.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  14. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

If you get a chance, take a group shot. The wife and I would like to see them!

Michael K likes this.
  15. myownprivy

For the first time I saw someone else check the reject tray as I was walking up. It's frustrating to know there are other people out there.

16. Michael K

TexAg The first photo is the silver stuff, and then everything else. I had a penny with a cross carved into it, but I sent it to a friend.
    real.png 100_2007.JPG
    cross.png

TexAg likes this.
  17. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

Huh. My wife (her father was oldest of 11 and only one to immigrate to the states) has family all over Fermanagh and Armagh. Newtownbutler, Clones, Lisnaskea, Enniskillen. Her dad's cousin owns Armagh Manor.

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Could be meeeee!
    I'm in the opposite corner of the country this past week. I've checked at least 10-15 machines since Thursday. Publix, BJ's, Walmart, Winn Dixie a couple or few times each, and quite sure I'm missing a few. ;)

Is that considered off sides?
    10 yd penalty?

:)

19. myownprivy

It's strange when you realize there are other people out there who do the same weird things you do.

It's kind of like being the kid in first grade who eats his boogers but looks across the room and sees another weirdo sitting in the corner doing the same thing.

TexAg likes this.
  20. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 cents, 5 dimes, one quarter, one CDN cent, and one Thailand coin in a coinstar.

21. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Baht

Draft saved Draft deleted