Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

That's a valuable Annie Oakley cent when she was using her .22. LOL Put it on eBay.

eric6794 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

2nd oldest Coin Star penny, 1925. My oldest are 19, 25, 30 and 34.
    1925.png

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    R_rabbit, NOS, TexAg and 2 others like this.
  4. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

lol that made me chuckle, she sure was a good shot.

5. eric6794

very nice

Michael K likes this.
  6. eric6794

no just a really bad picture lol.

7. eric6794

to me it does seem like drill holes or a really bad attempt at a punch but it looked like a 4 leaf clover to me so i am keeping it in my wallet in hopes it brings me luck.

TexAg likes this.
  8. GMAof8

GMAof8 New Member

I used to find coins in the Coinstar reject, but not anymore. More people stop and look.

9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

The grocery store I don't like but frequent because of it's convenience is in a college town. Very close to college apartments. You know these kids that use the machine are even nice enough to place the rejects on top of the counter? They actually pull them out of the tray and place them up top. Most of the time they're just junk but I pick them up and every now and again you get a decent find! A nice old wheat or so........

10. Michael K

I have found silver dimes on the shelf at least twice. I can envision someone putting it in and having it rejected a number of times when they just give up and put it on the shelf. I have also found silver dimes once or twice on the ground just under the front lip.
    Today a nickel in the slot, a penny on the grill and a nickel on the ground close by.

11. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I recently moved close to major state university myself and I've noticed the same thing with the local coinstar machines. I've only lived in TN for less than three weeks and I have already found several foreign coins and that elongated cent I posted earlier sitting on the shelf.

12. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

ill work on getting pictures later, but today was my biggest haul in a long time. most of the time i pull a couple cents but today was way different. i pulled 5 modern quarters, a 1985 franc, a nickel, 2 normal dimes, a bottle cap, and my first ever coinstar silver 1960-D Roosevelt dime

13. Michael K

Yesterday a mini scoop 1 dime and 5 pennies. Today a quarter and 2 pennies.
    Ka-ching.

14. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

“Mini scoop”, I like that! I had one a couple of days ago: quarter, dime, nickel, 2 x cents, a token, and a slug. Had to cut through the Customer Service line of folks to check the Coinstar. A kid was in line with his Mom and just stared at me with his mouth open when I made the “mini scoop”. Probably created more competition, lol!

15. Michael K

You have to be in stealth mode. Be discreet.

16. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

1922 French Chamber of Commerce 2-Franc. I'll get a pic when I can

Michael K and Bradley Trotter like this.
  17. Michael K

^^^^^
    Oh that would be nice to see. Waiting for the photo.
    Dime in the slot today.

18. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Nice find much older than any foreign coin I ever found in the Coinstar.

19. Michael K

I've got a nice 1957 20 centavos. Looks better in hand. That might be my oldest foreign.
    195720cent.png

20. Monstarules

Monstarules Member

1958 UK sixpence in reject tray

21. Michael K

OK big scoop today. 2 silver dimes 64 and 64-D. Another $1.12 (one of the quarters was on the grill.) 2 Canadian dimes, 100 S.Korean won, 2 coins from (Kazakstan? Turkmenistan? Uzbekistan?) and $15.15 in Australian money. The oldest nickel is 1966. A guitar pick and an arcade token. There is a quarter from the Bahamas, but that should work in the US coin acceptors.
    2silver.png 006.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted