Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Coinstar test voucher plus some zinc pennies at Kroger's today.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Great Haul Halvessearcher! Amazing that someone would leave that much.

halvessearcher likes this.
  4. Monstarules

Monstarules Member

Coinstar hasn't exactly been "dry". I'm finding coins at the same frequency I did when I checked every day. I'm just not looking as much anymore :( I haven't been able to this year.

On an unrelated note, someone (no, not me) stuffed a pair of wool socks up the local CVS coinstar reject tray and about $40 USD of change, several silver, hundreds of foreigns, ended up jamming and destroying the motor. They put a pretty new camera up now facing the Coinstar now.

LA_Geezer, -jeffB and Bradley Trotter like this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

whywecanthavenicethings.jpg

6. Bradley Trotter

$0.93 in the Walmart coinstar this afternoon.

7. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

I found a 2017 dime today at Albertsons Coinstar and put it in with my change. It worked.

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

1923 wheat cent and a foreign coin of sorts. No, the 99 is not a wide AM. 51911EFB-39F3-40AF-9601-E590B9683D45.jpeg 617BFDF3-6DD1-461F-8C94-8649A66CB0CD.jpeg

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  9. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Why are some of you posting that you found modern change in the reject bin? Nobody 2012 cares that you found a 2012 nickel and two Zincolns in poor condition. I find ordinary change all the time but I know nobody cares about it so I don't post about it. If you find a Walking Liberty half and a Mercury dime, by all means post it here. Somebody would care about that. But I don't see the point in posting that you found 32¢ in modern coins. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but it is annoying when I get new message alerts because somebody found three clad dimes and a Staring Jefferson (I just coined (no pun intended) a new term) nickel. I have been pretty lucky and I've found some great coins in reject bins but I only post about it here when i i make a good find.

Brina likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

they post because they found free money.

Why not?

LA_Geezer and eric6794 like this.
  11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I guess I am lucky, I never get message alerts ever. Not even when someone highlights my name. Last thing I got was a dime in the slot last Sunday.
    I will get an alert if someone new is following me, or if there is a reply or the start of a new conversation. But not alerts to threads I am watching, and no alerts when my name is highlighted in order to alert me.
    The system has broken down. All that remains is chaos and anarchy.

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

32 cents in modern coins is worth more than a worn Wheat cent.

Yeah, I'm more interested in hearing about non-standard finds, too. In fact, if I find plain pocket change, I just leave it on the console -- I figure there are a lot of people who need it more than I do, or will get more of a thrill out of it than I would. But I'm happy enough to read reports about it here.

And one of the first things I did on CoinTalk was to turn off automatic email notifications for threads I post in. I'll see them soon enough in the alert badge at the top of the screen. It's not like I'm going to go several hours without checking CoinTalk if I'm not reminded. :rolleyes:

13. Bambam8778

I'm guessing that your angst was towards me since it was directly after my post?.?.. I think the great thing about this site is that you can post whatever you want! :) You never do know who will care about what you are posting. I don't think you're a jerk but you could handle it differently. Just go to your settings and turn off your notifications to any thread that you post in so you won't have to be annoyed at people like me who post a beat up wheat, 2 garbage zincolns and a foreign coin (that I would still like to know where it's from if any of you know). A good find to me or someone else may be junk to you but we like to interact on here. That's the fun of this site.

14. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 dimes US
    1 dime and 1 quarter CDN
    in a coinstar.

15. Bradley Trotter

Found a elongated penny emblazoned with Mickey Mouse in the Publix coin counter. IMG_2691.JPG

eric6794, Bambam8778 and Michael K like this.
  16. Bambam8778

Now you just need to be on the hunt for the other 5!

17. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

so what determines a good find when it comes to a coin counter seriously? I got this from the reject tube and to me its a fun find.
    shamrock2.jpg shamrok1.jpg

18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Is that glue?

19. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

It's almost like a hole from some acid or something, identical on both sides.

TexAg likes this.
  20. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Oh, before I couldn’t tell it went all the way through. It looks like someone drilled holes through the coin.

eric6794 likes this.
  21. Bradley Trotter

I'd agree that what likely happened to this penny was that it was likely drilled at least four different times.

eric6794 and TexAg like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted